Gladion's room at night (Hau's perspective)

I let Gladion get dressed first because he looked like he was about to freeze to death. Honestly I don't get how he doesn't know how skinny he really is. I told him I bet that if he took off his shirt that he's just bones covered by skin, because its true. All of his bones stick out uncomfortably, and I can see rib bones through his shirts. It makes me really sad to see him like this. But I've also never seen him look any differently.

He stepped out of his changing room, wearing my fluffy black pajama bottoms, and a Pikachu longed sleeved sleeping shirt. "Why do you only have ridiculous pajamas?" He asked with a laugh, I love his laugh. "Well I don't think they're ridiculous, I think they're cute... Shirts." I said, hoping that he didn't catch the long pause, and that it means I only think they're cute on him.

I started blushing a wildfire, so I looked down at the clothes I grabbed for myself. "Well, I guess I'll go change now." I walked to his changing room with my head down. I quickly changed into my fluffy pokémon egg patterned pants, and my Chansey shirt. I laughed, I really did have ridiculous pajamas. I stayed longer than necessary, to make sure the blush was completely off my face.

When I walked out, Gladion was laying in his bed and watching the tv that was directly in front of it. I walked over and asked "Would it be okay if i laid down next to you?" "Uh sure I guess." He scooted over on his bed to make room for me. I don't know why I felt this way around Gladion, but I always felt a need to be close to him. To protect him. It was like a crush? But I couldn't have one on him, he's my best friend, and he'd never feel the same way about me.

I try and rid my mind of these sad thoughts, and laid next to Gladion. Suddenly I wasn't thinking sad thoughts anymore, I was thinking about how close Gladion is. I looked up to to the tv, hopeful this helps me think about anything else. There was an episode of OK K.O on. I think Gladion had this recorded because Adult Swim is on right now. I think this show is kinda weird, there aren't any pokémon in it at all, just people with superpowers. I still like it though.

After the first thirty seconds of trying to watch it, all I could think about is how close I am to Gladion. We lay in silence for a couple minutes, I listened to how Gladion breathed. Suddenly a fight scene came on, and Gladion's breath started to hitch. I wanted to change the channel because he seemed afraid, but luckily the fight scene was over quickly and Gladion's breathing returned to normal.

I wanted to say something to break the silence between us. "Who's your favorite character?" My voice cracked on the last word, making me super embarrassed. He ignored my voice crack, and said. "Uh, probably Radicles. I don't really watch it much though. I don't have the time, and some scenes make me more anxious. What about you, do you watch the show?" I thought for a second, "I like Raymond's flair, but I also like how K.O is always positive. It reminds me of me." I let out a loud laugh at the end. He is exactly like me. Gladion laughed as well, and said "I like that about him too." Does that mean, he likes me? I did just say that his personality reminded me of me.

Stop thinking like that Hau, you're grasping at straws. You're just going to get let down when he doesn't actually feel that way. I started to actually watch the episode, until we reached the end. "What do you wanna watch now?" Gladion asked and laid on one arm to look down at me. I forgot about every show I knew in that moment, it was just me and him. Until he broke the trance I was in by asking the same question again. "Oh uh, do you have Netflix? I need to watch the newest season of Bojack Ponytaman." I asked trying to be as nonchalant as even though I need to see it. "I've never seen it." He said and laid back onto his back, "Oh my Arceus we need to watch it then!"

There was a pause before Gladion awkwardly stated "I don't have Netflix." He said that in a shameful voice, but I didn't think that it was in any way bad to not have a Netflix account. "Oh that's fine, we can just use mine. You can keep the password though, I want you to watch it all." I gave him my Netflix details and he set it up. He was engrossed in the show, and so was I.

We didn't notice time passing, or how tired we got (or at least I got, I know he can stay up for days). I finally yawned, giving away the fact that I was tired. "Do you want to go to sleep?" Gladion asked, it was an innocent enough question. But I remembered last time, "Do you want to sleep in the chair again? I mean if you do, I'll sleep in the chair and you can have the bed."

"I've told you before that I won't make you sleep in the chair, but I think I'm comfortable enough now to sleep in the same bed as you. If it's okay with you?" I'm glad that he's gotten comfortable being around me, "I'm okay with it if you are. But I'm not really ready for sleep yet." I said. He got his phone out and looked at it, "It's past midnight though. Don't you need to sleep for your journey?" "A couple nights without as much as I'm used to is fine." I hinted at the fact that I wanted this to happen again. "I'm okay with it if you are." he said.

I tried to put aside my crush for him, and have this just be a best friend tv night. I don't even know when this crush on him started, I don't think I had it before today. I mean earlier I felt strangely protective over him, and excited to see him. But I didn't realize it was this bad until earlier when we were talking in the garden. I didn't know he cared that much about me. After that my small crush on him grew to what it is now. I didn't even think you could like someone so much more, this fast and this intensely. I didn't even think Gladion was gay or bi, and that made it feel super one sided. Knowing that he probably doesn't even like boys, much less choose me.

   Gladion snapped me out of this by snapping a couple of times in front of my face. "W-what?" I stammered, not even realizing what had happened. "You were zoning out pretty hard and I thought I'd try and get you out of it." He said, with a friendly smile on his face. "Oh well... I have adhd, and people with it tend to zone out a lot. Sorry if I missed anything you said Gladion." I mean that wasn't the real reason, but it is true that i zone out a lot. Maybe adhd was what caused it, and my thoughts fueled it.

   "Oh you're fine, I didn't say anything important anyways." What does that mean? What does he count as unimportant? Ugh this overthinking is going to destroy me. "Oh okay, thanks for helping me Gladion." I smiled at him, he's such a good friend. I decide in that moment that I won't tell him about my feelings, because of how good of a friend he is. I don't want to lose that. I don't want to lose him. "Maybe we should go to sleep, I'll at least try. You keep zoning out Hau." I laughed, "yeah. That's probably a good idea."

   He grabbed for the remote control, at the same time I did. Our hands brushing sent thunderschocks down my body. I quickly drew my hand away, and let him turn down the volume. I watched as he turned it to almost silence, and also turned the brightness on the tv down slightly. He handed me the remote, and I just stared at it. "Could you place that over there?" I looked over to my right, and saw that he had moved the round table. I plopped it down, and realized that Gladion was completely stuck in the corner. With the tv in front of him, the wall to his left, and me to his right.

   "Do you wanna trade spots?" I asked, trying to be a good friend. "No I'm okay with sleeping in the corner, I don't feel cramped or scared or whatever. Thanks for asking me though." I guess he saw through me and knew why I really asked. If he could read me that easily, could he know about the crush I have on him? Maybe he just didn't say anything because it would be awkward for him. Yeah, that's probably it.

   "Could you go and turn off the lights Hau?" I stops up and started walking over towards them. Gladion had snapped me out of my sad thoughts. I normally didn't have thoughts like these, usually my inner thoughts are a lot happier. I don't know why I've been thinking like this. It's like ever since what happened with Sun I'm a lot more pessimistic.

   I had turned off the lights and gotten back into his bed without realizing it. Fuck, today I've been zoning out way more than usual. I laid down and looked towards Gladion, it wasn't anything crush related for once, that's just how I sleep. "Goodnight Gladion." "Goodnight Hau."

   An: So what do you thinks gonna happen next? The last few chapters have been direct continuations of each other. And i was wondering if you guys liked that? After I finish taking this storyline where I feel like it's going, I might start separating them more again. I'm not sure. Do you guys like how it's been continuous? Also this chapter is short bc Hau falls asleep very fast. So i had to continue it from Gladion's perspective or else it would just be Hau sleeping lol.