Chapter Seven

Mason quickly shoved the other wolf off of me and pinned him to the ground. He didn't hesitate when he quickly snapped the wolf's neck. That scared me.

Even though I had been in danger and he had protected me I was scared. He didn't hesitate or even seem to regret killing, taking someone's life. He looked back at me. And noticed how scared I appeared.

He tilted his head to the side, he looked adorable. Like a lost puppy, but it wasn't enough to make me forgive him. Maybe it was what had been happening recently, but I seemed to just fall over the edge.

I got up and ran, Mason quickly following behind me. He barked, trying to get me to stop, I looked back at him and shook my head. I didn't want to live with a murderer. I didn't want my children to have that type of father.

Eventually he gave up and jumped up, carefully knocking me down. Not harshly, more like tripping me. "Don't touch me" I cried. He whimpered and out his head in my lap. "Your making him feel bad" my wolf snapped. "He killed someone" I argued. "He did it to keep you safe, what would be have done if you died, can you imagine the pain that would put him through."

I took a few deep breaths and tried to calm down. My hands were shaking. Mason walked behind me, his fluffy back ears laid back. He nudged me upwards and led me back to the room. He would stop every now and then and check to make sure I was still following him, his tail wagging slightly every time he saw me, before walking forward again.

He changed back into his sweatpants when we got back to the room. My eyes felt heavy as I did my best to stay awake. I must have hit my head pretty hard, that seemed to be one thing I was good at.

"Stay awake baby" Mason whispered. I knew why, he was afraid I might fall into a coma, concluding my suspicions that I hit my head pretty hard. It was difficult to keep my eyes open when they felt like they weighed a ton. "Sleep" Mason told me after a while.

I went to roll over and realized how uncomfortable I was. I got up and went to the bathroom changing into one of Masons shirt and leaving on my underwear. This was the way I had gotten used to sleeping.

I was amazed by the way a mate could make you feel. It was like they could seal all the holes in your heart, no matter how many there were. Like they have you a brand new one. Maybe they fixed your heart with the pieces of their own.

I walked out and saw Mason staring at me. I walked over and payed down beside him. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, pulling me against him. "Are you mad" he whispered. "No" I decided "it just sparked some bad memories" I told him. He nodded and tucked his head into my neck.

I ran my hands through his dark black hair and he groaned with content. I smiled.

I shivered and he held me tighter. "Your warm" was all I said in my tired and dazed state. He chuckled tiredly. "Are you still mad" I asked. "Why would I be" mumbled. "Because I snuck out."

He sighed "you just scared me. I thought the person that was after your family had found you. I didn't want to lose you." After a moments silence he continued "I have some business to attend to tomorrow. I ant you to come with me, that way I know your safe. I know you won't get hurt." I nodded and yawned.

"Goodnight."
"Goodnight baby girl."

.........................
Mason wakes me up early the next morning. I'm not used to being up this early, it's still dark out, so I have trouble waking up. I end up falling back asleep.

Mason gently wakes me up once more but to no avail. I fell right back asleep.

The next time I'm woken up by warm water wrapping around my body. I jerk awake then and realize I'm naked in the bath tub. Mason walks out of the door as soon as I look up.

I'm to tired however to feel angry. The thought of falling back asleep in the warm water is awfully enticing and I'm all tempted to do so. "You promised him" my wolf whined in my head. She does this every time I start to nod off, being the only thing that is keeping me motivated.

I throw on comfortable clothes, not really caring who we'll run into or what we will be doing. All I know is that the mornings here are freezing, and I hate being cold. I know I could just put on more layers but when it's cold my hands and face get cold, leaving me with that numb and stiff feeling I hate oh so much.

A slight knock on the door keeps me from nodding off once again. My hair is up in a pony tail. I don't even bother putting on makeup. I decide I look presentable, maybe not up to par, but presentable. I decide I'm ready enough and open the door. Mason smiles at me when I open the door "Good morning beautiful" he mumble huskily, embracing me in a tight hug and kissing my forehead. "Good morning" I yawn tempted to fall back asleep in his arms.

He has on a black hoodie, and black jeans, he looks way better than I do. He also looks intimidating, but even after the little bit of time I have spent with him, he doesn't seem so big and bad any more. But I know he can still be scary when he wants to be.

"Is sleeping beauty not ready to start her day yet" he jokes and I just shake my head no. "You want me to get you a jacket he asks. I nod and he goes and gets me one of his. It's way to big for me but I love it. "Do you want me to carry you to." I nod and he picks me up the way he always does.

He lets me get a cup of coffee before we leave. Hopping in the car I wonder what we could actually be doing.