Chapter Six

I slowly sunk down to the floor. I should e known it was the same person. I just hadn't want to believe it. I didn't want to think about how the same person killed everyone in my family. My children wouldn't meet their aunt, uncle or grandparents. They would only have me and whoever their father was. "We both know mason will be the father" my wolf chimed in.

I huffed at the thought. I barely knew anything about Mason. Yet he seemed to know everything about me. "Tell him about the note" she whispered soothingly, "you and I both know he will protect us, no matter what." I nodded. "Mason"I called out softly. He was by my side in an instant. I could hear my wolf giggle.

I handed him the note and stared at the wall. He growled a deep, menacing growl. "I'm gonna kill whoever the fuck is doing this to you baby girl I promise" he growled and pulled me into a hug.

I inhaled deeply savoring his scent. The feeling of sparks that his skin left on mine. "I'm scared" I admitted honestly. "Don't be" he said kissing my forehead and picking me up. He had already put all of my things in the car, ready to go back to his place.
...........................

When we got back to the estate I grabbed my bags and put them in the room. Mason smirked, "you have a new room now."

He grabbed all of my bags and led me to a different room. As soon as we got to the door I could smell how strong his scent was in here. My wolf yipped in happiness. "We're sharing a room" I gulped. "Is there a problem with that. My wolf whined hoping I would say no. "No, not at all" I smiled and he smiled back at me.

He opened the door and revealed the biggest bedroom I'd ever seen. The walls were black along with most of the furniture. There were hints of red around the room. I could've cared less what it looked like though, because the bed was huge, soft, warm, and best of all it smelled like Mason.

I laid in the bed for a while breathing in the scent of him. It made me feel warm and happy, it made me feel safe. The bed sank down as Mason laid down beside me. He buried his face in to my hair and I knew he was inhaling my scent. "You smell like vanilla and roses" he mumbled and I giggled. "You smell like pine and citrus" I commented. He chuckled.

He sighed. "I have some business to attend to" he groaned "please, whatever you do, don't leave this room." He exaggerated the last part. I nodded innocently. He nodded convinced. I gave him some time to leave then snuck out the door. I was careful not to alert any workers at the estate.

After a while of wandering around the beautiful navy blue hallways, I stumbled upon the library. It was huge and filled with old and new books. I suddenly felt giddy. I loved reading more than anything. I decided it would also be best to take my mind off of things.

I picked up a random book and began to read in one of the plush white couches. It was an amazing book. However one of the characters reminded me of my sister. So I stopped reading and went to find another book. After reading for a while my head was jerked backwards and I was forced to look at Mason. He looked pissed.

"I though I told you to stay in the room" he growled deeply in to my ear. I shivered and he smirked "whatever am I going to do with you." He picked me up and carried me back to the room. Even though he was mad he still set me down gently. Like if he didn't he thought I would shatter. "Why did you leave when I told you not to" he asked, standing over me. I was pretty tall, but he was giant I was 5'9 and he still towered over me by a good foot. "I got bored" I yawned. This didn't make him happy.

"You could have gotten hurt."
"But I didn't."
"You disobeyed me."
"I don't have to listen to you."
"I'm the alpha."
"I'm pretty, what else is new."
"I can't trust you if you lie to me."
"Well it's not like I plan on staying!"

That last one got his attention. He kept his facade going but I could see, deep in his red eyes, I had hurt him. "Do you not like it here" he asked. I bit my lip and looked at he ground slowly shaking my head no. And it was true. I didn't like it here. I missed my small house filled with the smell of my cooking, my sisters things scattered about, the old backyard where we used to play.

"Why not" he growled. "It's just- it's not- I- this isn't home." He huffed "why not." I sighed "I miss my old room, cooking in my own kitchen, I liked how the house was small, it was cozy, it was open, I had memories there. This-" I waved my hand gesturing to the room "it's just to fancy, it's not what I'm used to. It feels more like a prison to me than a home" I reasoned. His eyes scanned the room, "we can rebuild this place."

I smiled sadly "I'm not gonna ask you to do that." He walked over to me where I was sitting on the edge of the bed. He kneeled down and out his head in my lap and hugged my waist. "Please don't leave." It was the most I'd ever seen of him. The real him not the cruel Alpha. I ran my hands through his dark messy hair. "I'm not, I promise." I made him look up at me. I leaned down to him putting our foreheads together. "Kiss him" my wolf whined, "please just kiss him" she begged. So I did. I leaned down and planted my lips on his. "Yay" my wolf cheered, her excitement spreading through to me.

He kissed me back our lips moving in sync. I was the one to break the kiss my breathing heavy.  Then a rock was thrown from outside and shattered the window. A black wolf had me pinned down in an instant.