t h i r t y t w o

Sorry it took forever but here it is so enjoy! 😄

[Hermione's POV]

Hermione felt like she way practically skipping to the supermarket on Sunday morning before meeting up with the Weasleys. This week was her turn to cook lunch; they each took turns cooking lunch each week and it was pretty safe to say that some were more successful than others. It's was nearing ten o'clock and the sun was having a difficult time shining through the clouds of London. Last night, she had stayed over Draco at his apartment in London because Merlin knows how many apartments he has all over England and they had planned to apparate to the Burrow together where they would hopefully announce their engagement to their friends.

She thought about having a barbecue with steaks and kebabs as she filed through the aisles browsing for vegetables and spices.

"Chicken with some capsicum would be nice..." she mumbled to herself and picked up two red capsicums and put them in her basket.

"Hermione?" She turned around to see who had called her and almost bolted for the exit when she saw Astoria. Astoria bloody Greengrass standing there smiling at her like nothing had bloody happened. She couldn't move, something had rooted her down to the spot so that she had no choice but to face the person who had tried to kill her only just about a week ago.

"Hi." She croaked out, her knuckles white as she gripped the handles of her basket like a lifeline.

"Hi, um, are you okay?" She gestured to her rigid hands.

"Yep, I'm perfectly fine." Hermione said through gritted teeth.

"You're gripping your basket like - holy shit! You got engaged!" Astoria pulled Hermione into a tight hug, "I knew you'd get married! Oh, congratulation! I'm so happy for you two - it is with Draco, right?" Hermione nodded stiffly, "Tell him I said congratulations, when are you guys getting married?"

Hermione seemed to have regained yourself. Alright, pull yourself together. This time you're prepared, you can beat her if you have to.

"We haven't told anyone about our engagement yet, I mean, Draco's told his mum and I've told my parents but none of our friends yet. I was actually planning on telling them today at lunch."

"They'll be thrilled! Anyway, I should get going, I have an appointment in less than two hours. See you around!" Astoria hugged Hermione one last time before turning to leave.

Hermione watched her go with her hand still tightly gripping her the wand in her pocket. She's congratulating me, and only less than a week ago tried to kill me? Doesn't make any sense. Hermione wanted to yank out all her hair in frustration. Nothing was adding up! Something wasn't right, either there's something wrong with her memory or Astoria has two different personalities.

"Astoria, wait!" Hermione ran up to catch to her, "I think it's time we talked."

"Talk about?"

"Why you tried to kill me."

"I tried to - what?! Hermione, are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm perfectly fine. Only last week you broke into my house, put a sleeping spell on my parents and tried to kill me and probably would've succeeded if Draco hadn't been there. And now, you're congratulating me on my engagement? What are you trying to do? From what I've heard, you chose to split with Draco. You had the divorced paper written and then suddenly you want things to go back the way they were with him?"

"Woah, woah, what in the world are you talking about?"

"Do you seriously not remember? Or do you all of the sudden have amnesia?"