Will Stephens, Austin Tyler, and Jeff Watson were the hottest senior boys in school. Will was tall and lean with dark skin and short hair; Austin was shorter than Will but handsomer with piercing grey eyes, longer dark hair, and a more muscular body. Jeff had dark red hair, but was fortunate enough not to have pale freckled skin. His eyes were bright green.

I laughed at her again and decided to just go along with it. I wasn't attracted to any of the boys, but thought it could be fun to flirt with them. Austin was a player; I knew I would love to take his ego down a notch or ten.

We got out, sunglasses in place, wind convieniently blowing our hair away from our faces. I saw Austin smirk, Jeff bite his lip, and Will's eyebrows go up as we walked towards them.

"Hey there, pretty ladies," Austin said smoothly, when we walked past them.
"Sup," I said with a nod and kept on walking. Rachel raised her eyebrows at me, but followed my lead.
I knew I was being a little rude, but if that boy wanted our attention, I wanted him to fight for it.

We got to class early and took our seats. I noticed the trio of boys came in not ten seconds after we sat down. I pretended to be absorbed in arranging my notebook as Austin sat down in the desk next to mine.

"So, sweetheart, haven't seen you around. You new? I can give you a tour of the school if you want," he said with a wink.
I rolled my eyes and looked at him silently. He hadn't noticed me last year when I took Comp I here. I had been slightly heavier and had made sure I stayed invisible. No one had known who I was.
"What?" he asked when I didn't say anything, just stared.
"I was here last year. I am only taking the college courses," I stated simply before turning back to my notebook.
"You were??" he asked, incredulous.
I nodded, and he sat back in his chair, unsure of how to continue.
"Well then," he said, his tone softer, "why don't I know who you are?"
"I'm good at being invisible," I retorted with a shrug.
He glanced at me and hesitated before he replied, "You're different. I like it."
I raised my eyebrow at him, trying to sense any possible sign of him pulling one of his typical player moves, but he seemed sincere enough. "Thanks," I said.
"You're welcome," he smiled. "So... your friend..."
I burst out laughing, "Ah, I see it now. You want me to be the go between?"
He blushed furiously, "NO! Well, yes, but ... look, I've liked her a while now... like ever since I met her at prom last year."
"Then I suggest you get her number," I smiled. This could be fun.

The rest of the day went by uneventfully. Rachel took me home after we had lunch, and I raced upstairs to check my Tumblr. I have more friends on there than I have in real life... I know that's strange, but people that I know are such idiots. All they care about is sex and partying. And they think I'm weird for preferring bowling over beer pong. I think bowling is a perfectly normal activity, personally.

I opened my laptop. had several private messages, but one in particular caught my eye.

"Dear Bluebird,
I have been on your blog for about half an hour, and I gotta admit... it has made me feel so much better. I have been depressed all day, but seeing your posts and the advice you've given makes me smile. Be my best friend?
love,
Blackbird"

I smiled softly. Bluebird was the name all my followers used for me. It was cute that this person mimicked that slightly. I clicked on their username so I could check out their blog. I found out it was a boy who had not posted his name or pictures of himself which was unusual. His posts broke my heart. This poor boy was so sad. It almost scared me how alike he and I were.

I went back to my inbox and hit the private reply button.

"Dear Blackbird,
I love you. I have no idea who you are, but I have gone back 75 pages in your blog and honestly, everything you posted, could have been about me. Im here for you if you ever need me. Stay strong, darling.
Love,
Bluebird"

Five minutes later I received a reply:
"My dear Bluebird,
I'm so sorry you have to go through the same stuff I go through... But I don’t even post the half of it on here... I feel like I’m judged constantly. I have to be perfect 24/7. It’s so bad that I can’t even tell who my real friends are. I’m grateful for my life and where I am in it, but I wish I could take a break from it for just a week. Not even that, maybe a day... any time at all would help.”
Love,
Blackbird"

"Dear Blackbird,
That saddens me... Why would anyone want to be cruel to you? You seem amazing to me. So if we’re gonna be best friends, I need a name. Any name. What can I call you? You don’t have to give me your real name if you don’t want to... It seems like you’ve taken pains to keep that hidden! (:
Love,
Bluebird"

I went back to his blog. He really could have been my twin. The way we thought and felt about things were remarkably similar. I sighed and went back to my dashboard, smiling when I saw that I had another message.

"Dear Bluebird,
You are so sweet.. I honestly don’t know why they are mean.. I try to be kind to everyone yet I get an overwhelming amount of hate.. It hurts. Haha it’s funny, I just 'met' you, and I already feel this emotional bond with you... You can call me Tay or anything else you like (: it’s my nickname. Short for Taylor. What can I call you?”
Love,
Blackbird"

“Dear Tay,
Well, rest assured, I’ll be your friend. No strings attached. That’s the beauty of the internet... I know there’s a lot of bad people out there pretending to be people they aren’t, but every now and then you find someone real. Someone who can change your life. I doubt I’ll be that influential, but I’m going to try. And for the record, I feel an emotional bond with you too. You can call me Hannah or Hans or whatever you like. :)
Love,
Hannah”

I smiled to myself. This boy could become the best friend I’ve ever had in my life. All because of the internet.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, what do you guys think?? :) let me know!