Chapter 2

Thank you to anyone who's lovely enough to have made it to chapter two!  Please, feel free to comment, whether it be a compliment or constructive criticism.  Both, particularly the latter, are very much welcomed :)  Hearing from you is the only way for me to stay motivated to keep writing this story.  Enjoy you very wonderful and lovely person!

xx-Katy

Chapter 2

"If I was your boyfriend, never let you go, keep you on my arm girl, you'll never be alone" I belted out as I pulled my house's key off from around my necklace. I continued belting out Boyfriend lyrics as I entered inside and headed to the kitchen.

"Tell me what you like yeah tell me what you don't I could be your buzz lightyear-" My singing (which I heard could swoon a thousand swans and princes into a delightful deep sleep for a thousand years-I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell) was cut off as I noticed my foster mom sitting at the dinner table reading the newspaper. Well, this was awkward.

"Oh, um, hi there Mrs. Streck. I didn't see ya there," I nervously giggled in embarrassment. She merely raised one eyebrow.

"Kendall, you are still planning on attending the concert tonight, correct?" Mrs. Streck interrogated me as she folded her hand together.

"Yes ma'am, I do. I was planning on leaving right after Ed Sheeran performs and just skip One Direction," I said while I cautiously eyed an apple on the counter.

"Actually, since neither I nor Mr. Streck will be able to provide the parental supervision tonight, due to business, I will need for you to stay with Lauren and her friends for the entire concert," Mrs. Streck looked at me like she would love to see me dare to protest her orders. Probably so she could try out some new torture tools she had recently bought on the black market. As you might not have guessed, I wasn't entirely too fond of my foster parents.

"Yes ma'am, I won't let her out of my sight. I'll remain by her side the entire time. When she takes a step to the right, I shall take a step to the right, where she glances, so shall I look, when she enters into the bathroom stall-" I stopped myself and winced. I would pay dearly for my sarcasm.

"That will be quite enough, Kendall. Sarcasm is never becoming of a lady," Mrs. Streck glared at me with icy eyes over her reading glasses. I'm pretty sure even the fruit fly that had been buzzing around the apples dropped from the frigidity.

"I'm sorry. I'd better get ready for the concert. May I have an apple?" I looked at her with pleading eyes. My stomach had been growling for hours.

Mrs. Streck glanced at her silver watch.

"You're scheduled to have dinner in 2.5 hours. So no, you may not." Mrs. Streck put a clamp on the conversation by averting her attention back to her newspaper.

I walked backwards toward the stairs, and when I got to the fruit basket, I slowly reached behind me and slipped an apple up my sleeve.

"Alrightthankyoubye," I said breathlessly as I turned around and rushed up the stairs to my room.

I walked down the hallway, tiptoeing past Lauren's so she wouldn't hear me. When I had made it to my door in the clear, I breathed a sigh of relief. Right as I was about to open the door, Lauren burst open her's and rushed over to me.

"OH MY GOSH KENDALL WE'RE GONNA SEE ONE DIRECTION TONIGHT OH MY GOSH LIKE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT GAHHH"

I just stood there frozen, in shock. Did she have super sonic bat hearing or something? I always had a suspicious she wasn't completely human. Lauren burst down my door and headed straight to my closet and started ripping things off the hangers and hanging them up to herself.

"Yes, come right on in Lauren. Feel free to try on anything from my closet and completely rifle through my clothes and make an absolute mess. I only spent about five hours last weekend cleaning up," I said as plopped down on my turquoise and white striped bed and took out the apple from my sleeve.

"Okay this, or this?" Lauren first showed a black, body-con miniskirt with a gold, sparkly halter top and then a light blue tight fitting boat-necked short dress.

"How about neither? Your parents would absolutely kill me if you wore that," I said between munches of apple. Why were such outfits in my closet when I had such strict foster parents? Occasionally, I would sneak out of the house to go clubbing and attend parties. It was my guilty pleasure- a time to really let my wild side out. Don't judge, it was easy to become suffcated in this house. If you haven't seen that already then honey, you need to see a doctor, because you probably have been around Lauren, or someone of her type, and have contracted some weird bat disease.

"I don't care what my parents think, I'm gonna wear what I wanna wear," Lauren pouted and flung a pile of shorts across my room.

"Calm down woman, no need to take it out on my clothes," I spent the next hour following Lauren around my room, picking up her path of destruction. A quote to sum up Lauren's life would defnitely be, "I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure." I should probably get that for her room. In big, bright pink letters. Along with, "I'm a spoiled rotten princess that will have a complete breakdown once I grow up and realise I'm not the center of the whole freakin' universe and not everybody will bow down before me-"

"KENDALL! Oh my gosh! This is the biggest night of my whole entire life and you're just sitting there, completely zoning out with this ridiculous smirk on your face. It's not very attractive, you know," Lauren flipped her bleach blonde hair behind her back in her frustration at me.

"Well it's not like we've been in here for two whole hours or anything-holy cracker dolphins! We only have 30 minutes left before we have to pick up your friends. Hurry up your toosh and pick something already!" I scrambled in through my dresser, vaguely aware of Lauren's whining in the background about how I never have anything good to wear and I always rush her and how I haven't solved world hunger or world peace yet. Okay, maybe she didn't say that last part but she very well could have, because I started tuning her out immediately.

Pulling out black tights, ripped short denim shorts, a plain white tank, and a red carigan, I decided it would be good enough. I never understood why most girls took so long to get dressed. I put that outfit together in like five minutes. Ha, take that Goober, who says I have no style. I smiled at the thought of him.

"Kendal!! Stop grinning like an idiot! My friends are waiting!" Lauren shouted at me while she popped her head into my room.

"I'm standing five feet from you, you don't have to yell," I shouted back. Maybe she wasn't yelling. Maybe I had gotten her bat disease and had super sonic hearing. Oh dear.  How long did I have 'till it was all over?  Well, at least I'll be able to see Ed Sheeran before I die. That's all that matters, right?

I ripped the elastic that was holding my messy bun together and flipped over my hair that was light brown with caramel highlights.  After shaking it out, I ran my hands through its naturally loose curls.  No time for makeup.  I would just have to go au naturale.

I said a quick prayer before I stepped out the door. If I was going to make it through the night alive, it would certainly take a greater power than myself.