23

"Harry, get your ass up. You are going to prom." my mom said as she walked up and down in my room getting my tux ready for me.

"I'm not going ma."

"And why not?"

"I'm too depressed."

"Oh bullshit Harry."

"I am." I said continuing to hide my head under my covers.

"Why?"

"I lost Lottie, I lost Louis, the only person who showed up to my birthday last month was Niall, and no one seems to talk to me at school anymore. I'm just going down and I can't stop it."

"Harry-" my mom sighed. "I know for sure, that you will end up okay in the end. All of this is just high school. Plus, Louis can't stay away forever. He'll miss Opal too much."

"Oh thanks mom."

"Well-" she shrugged.

"I texted him in January and it's March. I know he's not going to text me back and that kills me."

"Maybe he just needed time to think things over. Plus, he is in the military. I mean, they are pretty busy."

I didn't say anything.

"But, who knows... maybe he'll surprise you or something."

"I doubt it."

"But can you please just go to your senior prom. You haven't been to any high school dances and this is the last time. Please just go for me."

"Fine." I sighed and got up.

Mom then helped me changed into black slim fitting dress pants, a black shirt, a black jacket, black boots, and a black and white scarf.

"Beautiful." she smiled. "Now, lets go take some pictures."

"Do I have to?"

"Harry Styles." mom snapped.

"Okay, okay." I laughed.

We then stood outside of my house and got some pictures of me and Opal.

"Oh, how cute." mom smiled as she snapped pictures on her phone of us. Then she wanted solo pictures.

"Okay, mom, I think I'm all pictured out."

"One more. This one is for you and your journal."

"A Polaroid?"

She nodded and started to set it up.

As she did, I felt a tap on my shoulder, so I turned around.

"No fucking way." I whispered as my breath caught in my throat.

Louis was standing there in a blue tux, looking beautiful as ever, smiling at me.

"Surprise." he spoke.

I stayed looking shocked at him and then he leaned in and kissed me.

I heard a camera snap go off.

He then pulled away from me and said, "I got your message and I needed time to think. I then got permission to come down here for your prom and graduation next week in April."

"You did?" I asked as tears started flowing.

"Yeah." he nodded.

I then leaned in and hugged him as hard as I could.

"You have no idea how hard it was without you here."

"I felt it. Trust me."

We then both leaned in and connected our lips again.

"Okay boys, it's time to go. Prom is starting soon." mom laughed.

Louis and I pulled apart and then mom handed me the picture of us.

"I love it." I smiled.

I then handed it back to her and Louis and I got into his car.

When we got into his car and he started on his way, he grabbed my hand with his right hand as he drove.

I squeezed his hand loving the warmth it gave me and he lightly grazed the palm of my hand with his thumb.

"I missed you so much." I whispered looking over to him to see his perfectly shaped jaw line.

I saw him smile a little and his dimples started showing like crazy just from that small action.

Louis didn't say anything to me though, he just pulled my hand up to his mouth and kissed the skin. I could feel the kiss linger on my hand and it made me smile.

Pretty soon we arrived at my school and Louis turned to me.

"Do you want to go in as friends or as boyfriends?"

I looked into his eyes and knew going in as friends would get me less attention, but my heart was telling me boyfriends.

"Boyfriends." I whispered.

Louis smiled and leaned in to connect our lips together.

I felt myself melt into his touch and after a minute he pulled away slowly with my bottom lip between his teeth.

"Lets do this baby." he said and got out of the car, ran to my side, and opened the door for me.

"What a gentleman." I smiled.

I then got out and Louis locked his car up. Then he took my hand and held it in his.

We started walking into the hotel that the prom was being held at and once we walked in, all eyes were on us and I squeezed Louis' hand in terror.

Louis then let go of my hand, wrapped his hand around my waste, and pulled me closer into him.

Everyone gave us looks but then turned back around in the line for tickets.

I looked over at Louis and he smiled at me and then leaned in and kissed my cheek.

Once we got our tickets, we walked into the dance and Louis pulled me over to the dance floor so we could get our nerves out.

We then started dancing together and everything seemed to just drift away.

All I felt was pure happiness.

__________

I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED IN SO LONG!! I have no excuses. I'm sorry guys. Here's a chapter for you and Happy New Years!!

Please like and comment ~ Ash