Last night, I made sure to be home early enough as I wanted to get his impressions on the first day. I was a bit stressed, but in the end, I found a very enthusiastic Noah at home. He just couldn't stop babbling about how happy he was to see his colleagues again, but mostly Liam of course. This is just another step toward his healing and I truly enjoy this. We still have a long way ahead; his nights are still agitated and he often mumbles about Jeremy in his sleep, but the worst nightmares are behind us, I believe.

As I pack up my things and get ready to leave, I notice a note I wrote about a week ago; a little reminder; just two small words I wrote down to remind me of something I need to do but that I still haven't dealt with.

Tony / Sony.

I have decided I should contact Tony in order to find my younger brother as he had offered a couple of months ago. He is really the only part I miss now to be fully happy. Scratch that! I will be happy when Gary has gotten Jeremy back and Andrei is rotting in jail and fucked by other prisoners. And when I have my brother back too. However, I have resolved to wait for a little while longer before I get in touch with Tony. He is still busy coordinating the investigation between the private detectives and the police, so I guess I should let him breathe a little before I add another investigation to his tasks, right?

Especially now that some things have moved on. A few days ago, the customs of Tacoma Airport in Seattle caught Fabio Lipia, Andrei's half-brother. The guy was trying to fly to Canada and I honestly can't believe he dared showing up with a forged passport. From what I heard, the quality was so bad! Like... he has to be such a dumbass! Well, I wouldn't mind spending a few hours with him and make him taste some of his own medicine. Unfortunately, he is still being questioned in Seattle and for now, that bastard doesn't want to speak. I hope he will soon though, because Jeremy has already spent another full month with Andrei and the wait is becoming unbearable. For us, but for him mostly. At least, there is hope...

Walking out of my office and locking my door, I can't suppress a little smile. I really love this new place. We have much more space and it is so better looking. The building is fancy without being too luxurious, but it is modern and it has a parking lot on its side which means the end of lost time to find a spot in the street, though this is no longer my main interest as I can easily walk to work now that we live close by, or take the bus. However, this afternoon I have decided to pay a surprise visit to my friend at the club so I definitely need my car.

"Ethan, I'm out! I'll see you tomorrow!" I call out to my colleague as I stop by his office.

"Already? You're taking the day off?" he jokes.

"I started at 7:00 this morning, not at 10:00..." I reply meaningfully. "And it's 12:00, so even if that's not a full day of work, that's still enough, dumbass!"

"Touché..."

"Is Sarah getting better?" I ask before I leave.

"Still had an awful nausea this morning, but hopefully it'll pass... It's getting a bit better now, so she hopes to get back to work at least on afternoons by the end of the week," he replies, shrugging his shoulders. His wife, and colleague of ours is in her third month of pregnancy, but they only told me last week, once things got better with Noah. Poor woman seems to have a hard time dealing with side effects at the moment.

"Alright! Give her a kiss for me! And see you tomorrow!"

With that, I turn around and go get my car before I head west toward the Black Diamond. It is definitely time I should speak a bit with Aaron. Last week has been so busy that I didn't have too much time to dwell on my friend's weird behavior, but he hasn't answered any of my calls over the last four days or replied to the texts I sent, so I have decided to go and see for myself; and face the beast. There was already something off in his attitude in the last few weeks, but it has never been easy to make that guy speak about his worries. I learned it the hard way in the past and I certainly won't tolerate a repeat, so I am going to beard the lion in his den and won't leave until he has spilled the beans because I hate the distance that is settling between us.