"I didn't do anything. I guess." I replied, and that's right. He's the one who's stressed out about bringing me back into his life. I didn't force him to. So I guess that's not my problem if he becomes like that.

"Well, whatever it is, why don't you give him one more chance and let him show you that he's changed?" Should I? No or yes?

"I'll think about that. Now, I have to go because I have an appointment. See you later, I think." With that, I stand up and walk out of the shop, heading to my office. Now he puts me in a difficult situation. He acts so unprofessionally just because of me. Even so, it is still not my fault.

******

"I have to go to Italy next week, but I don't think I can bring Gabriel and Gabriella." I said to Hera Just as I was talking to Hera, suddenly my office door opened. I look at the door and see Elijah. Here we go again.

"Hera, can you go out for a while? We will continue this later." I said, and she nodded her head, then walked out.

"Why are you here again?" I stand up and am near him, then ask as soon as the door closes.

"I miss you, of course." He said it and hugged me. I don't know why, but I think I like his hug. His gentlemanly cologne fills my nose and my office. When he broke the hug, his lips immediately claimed mine. I push him before he goes further. "I thought we were cool,"

"Cool? What's that? A high school couple had a fight and then let it slip with a stupid kiss? Elijah, how many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to be with you anymore? I don't have a heart for you." I said to him, but he didn't say anything but claim my lips once again. I know this is the stupidest move I've ever made, but I kiss him back. Yes, you heard me. I fucking kissed him back. I think this is because it's been quite long for me to be single, and I miss getting kisses. I don't know. I swear this is the last time he kisses me like this.

We broke the kiss after a few minutes. He looked at me and gave me the sweetest smile he had ever given, and that smile made me nearly melt. I shake my head and step a few steps behind. "I have a lot of work to do. Can you go now? "Oh, and I thought you were in New York?" I ask him and go back to my seat. He takes a seat on the chair in front of my desk, and I look at him with my eyebrows raised.

"I need to give myself a break from all my problems in New York." He said to take a seat.

"I told you to leave, not to sit. Leave." I said it with a more stern voice.

"I'm here because of two reasons." He said he was ignoring what I said just now.

"What's your reason?" I ask him.

"Well, the first one is because I miss you, and the second one is because I want to ask your permission." I look at him.

"Permission?" I ask.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you could give me permission to bring Gabriel and Gabriella to meet my parents." He explained, and I nodded my head.

"When is it?"

"Ummm, I decided to bring them four days from now. How about that? Can I?" I stay silent and think about it. I never want to be separated too far from them, but I think that's a good idea because at least I don't have to be too worried when I go to Italy next week. To be honest, I don't think Dolly can take care of them well after she knows that Gabriel and Gabriella are Elijah's blood. I keep thinking negatively about Dolly because I can't help myself from thinking like that. Lots of things can happen, and I, as a mother, feel worried about my babies. Even though I know Dolly won't do anything stupid, as a mother, I just don't feel right leaving my kids with her alone for a few days.

"Sure you can." I answer.

"Really? Thank you, Alexa." He said.

"But I have one wish," I said. "What is it?" He asks me

"Can they stay at your parents' home for at least one week? Because I have work outside of Los Angeles." I tell him.

"Work? Where?"

"You don't need to know; I just want to know, can they?"

"I'm sure my parents didn't mind that, and I think they will be super happy to know that Gabriel and Gabriella will stay for a week with them." He replies, and I smile at him.

*****

Four days later

"Gabriel, Gabriella, listen here. Don't be naughty there, alright? Be nice and don't even make them mad." I said this to them, and they just nodded their heads. "Mommy loves both of you so much." I hug them, and then I see Elijah walk to us.

"Ready?" I stand up and look at the twin. "I guess they're ready. Bye." With that, they run to the car and get in. Well, it seems they're so excited to meet their grandparents. At least I can finish my work in Italy in peace.

"Okay then, I guess we will get going." He hugged me tightly and then smiled at me when he released the hug. When he started to walk away, I called him, and that made him turn around. "Hmmm?"

"I forgot to tell you this: Gabriella can't eat peanut butter because she is allergic. I hope you remember that. If she eats peanut butter, she will have to stay in the hospital for a whole week. I don't want that to happen," I said to him.

"Gosh, that'd suck. Thanks, baby, for telling me that. I love you." With that, he walks to the car, and as soon as he gets in, his driver drives away. I look at the car, which is slowly fading away. Well, tonight will be so boring and silent because the twin is not here.

I get in the house and head to my room. I have to take a shower and take a rest. It's been a while since I pampered myself. So I decided to take a long bath. After one hour in there, or maybe more, I don't know, I finally get out of the bathroom with a bathrobe wrapped around my body.

I just looked at my phone and bought my ticket to Italy in two days. Then, I walk inside my walk-in closet and wear my night gown. After that, I think it's already ten or something, because I feel so tired and sleepy. The next thing I do is lay in bed and close my eyes. It only takes about a few seconds before I slowly drift to sleep.

_________________________________________________________

How's chapter 15?

Vote

Comments

Share

*****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins