Chapter Twenty Six

[Bruno Mars: Locked Out of Heaven]

Alexa

My back hurts because I sit too long. It's a good thing that we've already arrived. It's night here, so that means we're just going to the hotel to rest. I need that, really. "We're not going to stay in a hotel." I turned to him immediately when he said that.

"Then? Where are we going to stay?"

"In a villa." He replies. I look at him and just agree to it. We walk together, with Gabriella in my arms, sleeping, and Gabriel in Elijah's arm, to the car he has already prepared for us.

******

The next Day

When I'm awake, I just get out of my room and go to the kitchen. When I walk in, I see Gabriel, Gabriella, Laila, and Elijah just having breakfast. "Morning mommy." The twins greet me. I smile and sit next to Laila.

I eat the toast with jam. We eat in silence until Elijah breaks it. "We're going to Disneyland today." I didn't care where we were going to go because, to be honest, I didn't look forward to this vacation.

He must think that I will forgive him whenever he makes a mistake. He's wrong. I want to make sure this is the last time he meets me. I don't want to meet him anymore until I am really ready to meet him. But I still didn't stop him from spending time with his child. He can spend as much time as he wants with Gabriel and Gabriella, but not with me.

After all of us finished our breakfast, I walked to my room with the twins. "Mommy, hurry up. I can't wait to go there." They jump.

"Go and ask Laila to get both of you ready then," I said, and they immediately ran out of the room. I grab the towel and take a shower. The shower only takes about ten minutes. I picked my black leggings and my striped shirt. I combed my hair and decided just to let it fall down. I do my make up and then I'm done.

I take my black wedges and wear them. After a few minutes, I was finally done with my appearance. I grabbed my handbag and my phone, then left the room to go downstairs. When I am already downstairs, I see all of them already ready. Waiting for me. "I'm done. Let's go." All I said was to open the door to go out.

The journey to Disneyland from our villa is not that long. It only takes about 20 minutes to go there. "Mommy, can I meet Mickey Mouse and Bella?" Gabriella asks me when we're already in Disneyland. I nodded my head, and she is so happy. We got into the castle, and then we saw a Mickey Mouse. "Mommy! That's Mickey." Gabriella said, and I brought her closer to it. She hugs Mickey Mouse, and I take out my phone to take her pictures.

I didn't see Elijah and Gabriel here. That means there must be somewhere else. After I'm done taking pictures of Gabriella, we just roam around and see the show and all until we don't even realise it's already night. I glance at Gabriella, who already looks sleepy and tired.

Ummm, Laila, did Elijah tell you where he was going?" I ask Laila, but she shakes her head and says no. I stop, sit on the empty bench, and take out my phone to call Elijah.

"Hey, Alexa."

"Where are you? Let's go home; the twins are already tired. I wait for you at the entrance. Bye." I said that then hang up. "Let's go and wait for them at the entrance." We stand up and walk to the entrance.

A few minutes later, I see Elijah and Gabriel walk to us. Gabriel looks like he isn't tired at all, while Gabriella already falls asleep in Laila's arms. "She's so tired, I can guess," Elijah said, and I just hummed in reply.

*****

Right now, I'm on the balcony after taking Gabriel and Gabriella to bed. I just look at the dark, empty sky. I need to be strong and smart to handle this situation. Remember when Elijah broke your heart? So you need to give him punishment for it. You can't easily just fall back in his arms after he apologises. I nodded my head and took a sip of my coffee.