Chapter one

[ Cover by Rolluphills ( Niall Horan ) - Too Much To Ask ]

Chapter 1

Alexa

I open my eyes to see my handsome husband lying beside me. I smile at him and then kiss his cheek. He told me he loved me so many times when we made love last night, and I was so happy to know that his feelings towards me haven't even changed until now.

I sit up and then look around for my clothes. When I see my clothes, I wear them, then walk to the bathroom. I take a shower for about ten minutes, then walk out with a towel wrapped around my naked body. I walk to our walk-in closet and pick the outfit for today. I just picked black leggings with a white shirt. Then, I just let my hair down and let it dry on its own.

After I'm done, I look at the time and smile. I still have enough time to make Elijah's breakfast. I tiptoe to the door because I don't want to wake him up yet. He might be still tired from yesterday. I walked downstairs and then got into the kitchen.

I decided to make his favourite breakfast, which is pancakes. Well, at first he didn't like it this much, but he said when he tried mine for the first time, he fell totally in love with pancakes. I make it quickly because he might already be awake and ready for work. After a few minutes, I'm finally done, and I bring the plates to put them on the table. I put various toppings that he likes, which are chocolate syrup, honey, and whip cream.

I wait for him at the table. A moment later, I saw him walking down the street in his Armani, looking handsome as always. "Hey baby. Good morning," I say as I walk to him and peck his lips. "Hmm, morning," he said while adjusting his watch. I look at him smiling like an idiot because I fall in love with him more when I look at him. I mean, who doesn't? Look at him; he is so hot and handsome, and he is my husband.

"I already make you pancakes. Let's go," I grab his hand, but then I stop, knowing that he takes his hand back. "Why?" I asked, looking at him weirdly. He rarely refuses to eat breakfast with me.

"I need to be hurried because I have a meeting in 30 minutes." He said that and just walked past me to the door. "But I already made you some pancakes, which are your favourite." Can't you at least eat it, even if it's only one bite?" I said it in a low tone, hoping he would agree and eat breakfast with me.

"I never asked you to make it. You can't blame me." I was quite shocked when he said to me that he never rejects my pancakes, but this time was the first time he did. Why is he acting so harshly towards me today? Have I done something wrong and didn't realise it last night? I don't think so. Maybe he really needs to hurry for his meeting.

"But-"

"Oh, before I forget, I will go to London this evening for a few days. I don't know when I am coming back. So yeah, I need to go now." Before I could say anything, he got into his car and drove off. I stand there and look at his car slowly fading away. I sighed and prevented my tears from coming out. He's going to London for a few days, which means he will not be eating breakfast with me for a few days. What concerns me is that he didn't bring any suitcases to put his clothes in or anything; he just brought his bag that he put files in, and that's it. I know he is loaded, but that doesn't mean he will always buy new clothes for business trips. That would be a waste since he has a lot of it.

I walk inside the house and make my way to the dining room. I look at all the pancakes on the table. I take a seat and start to eat the pancakes. I eat it and eat it. Maybe he's just too busy with his work. I can't blame him, though. He is a businessman, and I need to understand his work and be ready for all the consequences. That's what I told myself before I made the decision to be in his life.

I sighed.

Just then, my phone rang. I look at the caller, and my lips turn into a smile. It's my best friend, Thea Morris.

"Hey girl," I said. "Hey, um, can you please open the door right now?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Where are you?" I ask her, wondering why she calls me and just wants me to open the door.

"In front of your house, to be specific, in front of your door." I immediately stood up and walked to the door. I opened it to see Thea grinning. I hang up, then look at her.

"Why don't you just press the bell?" She walks inside, then follows me to the dining room.

"Because I don't want to meet with your husband, obviously. It will ruin my entire day," she said, eating the pancakes normally.

Well, you know, Thea never likes Elijah. I don't even know why. Every time they meet, they always end up arguing about something stupid. They just can't get along at all. Every best friend is supposed to be happy if their best friend gets married, but not Thea. She has never approved of Elijah since I met him. It is just weird. She keeps telling me that I need to be strong mentally and physically. I know she loves me so much, and I love her too. She's like my sister because she's always there for me no matter what, and I know she just wants the best for me.

"I still can't understand why you didn't like him." I take a sip of my orange juice.

"Alexa, I just... You know, I just feel like he's not the one for you." She said.

"Thea, me and Elijah have already been married for like two years, and we're just fine. We are both happy with our lives. Why can't you be happy for me? I'm your best friend." She sighed and then looked at me.

"I'm sorry, Alexa. It's not like I don't want you to be happy. It's just that he's not the one for you." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean he's not the one for me?" I ask her.

"Alexa, all this time Elijah cheated on you behind your back." I was surprised when she said that.

"Thea! Why are you talking about Why would he cheat behind my back? He loves me, and he told me that last night too." My anger is rising right now.

"I'm not lying. I saw with my own eyes. Please believe me. He's not a good man. Last few days, when I walked to the mall, I saw him, and I'm sure it's him in the car with a woman." I look at her in disbelief. How can she say that to my husband?

"I can't believe you, Thea. You're my one and only best friend. How can you accuse my husband like that? Why can't you accept that I'm his wife? I didn't ask for anything, Thea; I just asked for you to be happy for me. That's it! It's not that hard." I burst into anger, and she looked at me.

"Alexa, I'm being serious. I swear to you that I'm not lying. I saw him, and this is not the first time I have seen him with another woman. I even saw him walk into the hotel with another woman too. I swear. Believe me, please." She holds my hands.

"I don't want to hear anything from you right now. I want you to get out of my house now." She really boosts my anger.

"Ale-"

"OUT!" I yelled.

"Fine. But I will prove to you that everything that I've said is all true." With that, she walks out, and I hear the door being slammed so hard. I close my eyes and sit on the chair. I put my head on the table.

Why does my only best friend act like that? I can't believe this. How can she accuse Elijah of cheating on me? There's no way he could go out with another woman. He just told me that he loved me last night. That's the proof to show that he loves me. He won't do that to me, and I think Thea mistook my husband for another guy. I believe Elijah.

________________________________________________________________________________

how's chapter 1? 

I hope you guys like it!

Vote

Comments

Share

*****

Much love from me

Little munchkins