Chapter twenty Eight

[Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha: Back to You]

Elijah

4 months later.

I take another sip of my whisky. It's been four months since I met with Alexa. I meet Gabriel and Gabriella, but I can't see Alexa at all. I miss her so much. I can't sleep well and can't do my work well until I lose a few important projects. Even though Joseph is always helping me, he still needs to take care of his company too. I let out a deep sigh and drank it again. I already drank like three bottles because I think it's better to be drunk than have to think about Alexa all the time, but the thing is that I didn't get drunk now. My heart feels so empty and broken.

Even though Alexa didn't even cheat on me, I think I can feel the pain that she felt when she caught me cheating on her. I'm so sorry. I didn't know it would be this hurtful.

"Did you drink again?" I look at the door and see Joseph standing there. Gosh, Elijah, stop acting like this, will you? Where's the Elijah that always said, I will never give up whatever happens? It looks like you've already raised a white flag. Enough.." He takes the glass from my hand and puts it on the table in front of me.

"It's not like Alexa will forgive me if I do anything," I said, and I heard him sighed.

"You know, I am so pity look at you now, with eye-bag under your eyes, hair like a birds nest, and also it's looks like my best friend is now an old man because of that beard." He chuckles, and I look at him, kind of pissed, but what he said is all true, because I didn't care much about my appearance since that incident happened. I mostly just went to the company, and after that, I just stayed in my room and got drunk. "Bro! Did I talk with a stone or what? Give another response other than looking at me like that." He said.

"My life is nothing now," I answer.

"I don't think so, because you still have power in your hands to do anything you want." It's just that you're just too stupid to do that." He said.

"Alexa will never forgive me, Joseph, and I know that. I know that I hurt her too much. No one will forgive someone like me so easily after what I have done to her. She's hurt too much. And this time, I know she wants me to feel the pain that she felt. You know she succeeded in making me feel so hurt and in pain." I said to him:

"Well, because I think you're like my own brother, I will help you then."

"Help what?" I ask.

"Oh gosh, did your cell in your brain get cut off until you can't even understand what I mean?" He sighed. "I will help you get Alexa back, of course." He adds.

"Really?" I said, and then I felt like my eyes finally found the light.

"Even though I also have a problem with the girl I like, for you, yeah, I will help you." He replies.

"The girl you like? Why didn't I know this? Who?" I ask him.

"Well, it's because I never told you. She's the interior designer for my new hotel in Paris. I think I like her because of her personality; I can't forget about her." He explains.

"It's funny, but congratulations, bro. Now, get out of my house because I think this alcohol is starting to affect my head. I want to sleep now." I said that and walked to my bed.

"Bu-" Before he could finish his sentence, I plopped on my bed and ignored him. "Fine, I will find the way for you and Alexa to get back together again. It's good to think I'm your best friend, or else I will kill you for making me like this." He said that, and I heard my bedroom door close. Then, slowly, the darkness started to consume me.

********

Joseph

Sir, do you call me here?" My private investigator asked, and I nodded. He walks in and then sits with me on the couch.

"So anything from her?" I ask as soon as we sit.

"What I know is that Ms. Johnson will hold an event to celebrate her new collection and also her company's third Anniversary, sir." He answered.

"Do you know when?"

"As I am not mistaken, it will be held a few weeks from now." I nodded my head. That means Elijah has to go to that event to meet her. Maybe by then she'll have calmed down enough to give Elijah a fair chance.

The next day

After I finished my meeting, my secretary said that someone wanted to meet me. I raised my eyebrows because I thought I didn't have any appointments until lunch.

I sit in my office waiting for that 'someone' to come in. A moment later, My secretary opens the door and waits for him or her to come in. I groan when I see Rebecca standing in the middle of my office. "As I remembered, we don't have any problems. What's brought you here, Ms. Jay?" I ask her.

"I want you to stop all this." She said it in a cold tone.

"Stop what?" I ask innocently.

"Listen here, Mr. Sanchez. Elijah is mine, and no one will get him if I can't get him. So stop whatever you're doing to make Elijah back together with that woman." She said this while pointing her finger at me.

"Do you think I care? Why don't you just go and stay at home instead of sending those stupid pictures to Alexa? Sending those pictures just makes you look more stupid, and Elijah didn't like stupid women, especially a whore and gold digger like you, Rebecca." I stand up and lean on the front of my table.

"Okay, I tried to help him too, but I don't think Alex will forgive him, and it's been four months. I make a deal with Elijah, and he agrees to it."

"Wait, what kind of deal are you talking about?" I ask her.

"Four months ago, I and Elijah made a deal, and if he can't get Alexa, he needs to be with me, and he agrees to it." I really need to ask Elijah about this 'deal'.

"Well... Look, Ms. Jay, I think you better stay out of his life because I don't think he wants to be with you ever again."

"But it's between me and Elijah, not you!" She yelled at me.

"Well, why don't you follow me and explain everything to Alexa about you and Elijah, and if this time Alexa wants him back, you need to go away from his life and never come back in front of him?" I said, and she stayed silent for a few seconds.

"I-I, okay, I will." I smile.

"If this time Alexa still can't forgive him, I can help you with Elijah. Maybe." She smiles and then nods her head. This woman really loves Elijah so much. She never gave up trying to get Elijah in her life.

_________________________________________________________

How's chapter 28?

Vote

Comments

Share

*****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins