Chapter Ten

[Christina Perri, Thousand Years]

Alexa

I wake up to see that I'm already in bed. To be honest, I don't even remember coming home last night. All I remembered was that I sat on the bench at the park and looked at the big lake, then tried to forget everything that happened. I take my phone off the nightstand and look at the time. My eyes widen when the time shows 10:05 in the morning.

"Oh shit!" I cursed under my breath and quickly ran towards the bathroom to take a short shower. After like five minutes, I walk out and dash into my walk-in closet. I just picked up my pink dress and made my hair into a ponytail. I take my beige heels and wear them. I just put on some mascara, pink lipstick, and a little blusher. Well, even though I'm the owner of my design company, I can't be late to work. Discipline is number one.

I take my handbag and phone, then walk out to go downstairs. "Hey, Gabriel and Gabriella. I'm sorry I couldn't watch movies with you last night." I said, and I feel so bad because I already promised them I would watch the movie with them.

"Mommy, we miss you." They said that, and I looked at them with sad eyes. "Honey, I'm so sorry. I promise to both of you that this evening we'll go to the playground. Alright?" That's the only thing I can do to make them happy again.

"Yay! Yay!" Then they jump in excitement.

"Now I need to go to work first. Bye honey. Be good to Dolly." I kiss their forehead, and then I walk out. Well, at least the road is not too busy. I arrived at my office in ten minutes. I am so lucky I wasn't stuck in a traffic jam.

When I arrived, I parked my car at my reserved spot. I get out and walk into the lobby. I smile when my employees say good morning to me. Waiting for the lift and walking in when the door opens.

"Good morning, Ms. Johnson," Hera said as soon as I arrived on the 20th floor.

"Morning Hera." I said, and I walked straight to my office. Just then Hera called me, which made me stop midway and turn to look at her.

"Ummm, Ms., there are flowers for you. It arrived this morning." She gives me flowers. I look at her and the flowers in confusion. I never got flowers before, since the first time I opened this company.

"Who gave me this?" I ask, and she just shakes her head, telling me she doesn't know. "Okay, then thanks." I take the flower and bring it to my office.

I put the flowers on my desk and take a look at them when I am already sitting down. I found a piece of card inside it. I took it out and read it.

I hope you have a good day today.

Love, E:)

"E? Elijah?" I look at the flowers and then at the card. "Ugh." I stand up with the flowers, then walk out of my room and throw them into the dustbin.

"Hera, next time if there's a flower for me, just throw it right away," I said to her.

"But-"

"Just throw it," I said more firmly, and she nodded her head. I walk into my office and sit on the couch. I sighed a lot. Why does he need to send me those flowers? I love roses, but I hate them because they were from him.

He thinks if he gives me those flowers, I will melt and smile like an idiot. He just ruined my morning by giving me those roses.

*******

"Mommy!" They ran towards me as soon as I opened the door. "Hey, my cute twins!" I said, and they giggled.

"Dolly, let's go to the playground with us." I said, and she nodded her head. I walk out and get into the car.