Chapter Eighteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

The man coughs a few times and realize what just happened.

Masked Man: You sneaky brat. You wanted me to come close, didn't you?
Jun: Nope. T-That was all you. But I'm glad that you did.
Masked Man: I can't believe you absorbed the mana of my gloves. What's more, using the same mana, you reinforced your legs to make them hit harder.
Jun: To tell you the truth, your the first one I've used it against. I never actually thought that I could pull it off.
Masked Man: You're just full of tricks, aren't you? Well, no matter.
Jun: Hey, hey. Don't try and act cool. I'm pretty sure I've broken some bones of yours.
Masked Man: You just want to end this fight since you look like you're at your limit as well. That move must have strained your body since you've never used it before.
Jun: Me? Tired? I'm just getting started.

Jun shows a confident grin but his thoughts were the complete opposite.

Jun: S-Shit. He's right though. That move took a lot out of me than expected. I should be able to fight for several more minutes but I have to end it before that. Besides, he won't be able to fight properly in his condition...(thinks to self)

Unexpectedly, the man goes into a stance that look like he was ready for another round. Jun notice that his body was emitting a thin layer of aura.

Jun: W-What are you doing? You're too hurt to continue.
Masked Man: Hurt? I wouldn't call myself a mage if something as broken bones can stop me from fighting.
Jun: What are you saying? Those gloves of your are worthless now!
Masked Man: Perhaps...But I have one finally thing up my sleeve. By channeling my mana throughout by body, I can temporarily cut off the pain from my internal wounds. It'll feel like I wasn't wounded in the first place.
Jun: S-Seriously...?

The man's speed greatly increased and was able to get close to Jun in seconds. This catch him completely off guard.

Masked Man: Yes. Seriously.
Jun: Oh Shi--!

Before Jun could finish his sentence, he was bombarded by multiple fast punches to his body. But the man was attacking too fast for Jun to find an opening to escape.

Jun: T-This...! This is bad...! If I don't do something soon, I'll...die! (thinks to self)

As he was punching, the man notice that the front part of Jun's body was slowly being covered by a layer of mana particles.

Masked Man: Nice try but that isn't going to...WORK!

He delivers one powerful strike to Jun's chest which completely cancel out the layer of mana. Once he was unprotected, the man continues his barrage of strikes.

Jun: S-Shit...!
Masked Man: This is your end!

With one last punch to the face, Jun flies backward before falling on the ground. His body was covered in bruises from the assault and could barely move. Despite his condition, he manage to sneak a peek at the man. He sees that he looked worn out and was breathing harder. The aura that was surrounding his body was also starting to fade away.

Jun: I don't know what kind of magic he's using but...it's obvious that there's a limit to it. This...This is my chance. I have to risk everything on this next move. (thinks to self)

Jun was feeling pain all over his body but he eventually was able to get on his feet, barely.

Masked Man: What's this? Still want more?
Jun: Heh. That's...my line. You're at your limit as well.
Masked Man: It doesn't matter. One more direct hit will finish you off.
Jun: You're not getting anywhere near me.

Suddenly, two beams of light appears on both side of the man. This comes to a surprise but he doesn't let it show.

Masked Man: Still resisting? No matter how many you summon, it'll be the same!
Jun: Not this time.