:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 18] //A Vampire Romance//

Start from the beginning

"Is there something wrong with that?" I huffed, grabbing my broom and sweeping the floor once more.

"Not at all," Damian responded, still smiling. "I like the thought of you being worried about me."

Another misleading phrase. Unless he did like me... I bit my lip. I didn't want to get my hopes up, and then be crushed.

"Damian, you decided to come inside?" Emmett asked, looking towards us from the counter.

Damian grinned at him. "Maddie told me to come in."

Emmett nodded. "It's getting cold out. It's crazy! In a few days it will be December!"

"This year is going by quickly," Damian agreed, following me as I went around, putting the chairs up onto the tables. He helped me so it would get done faster.

"I think it'd be okay if we closed up early," Emmett told me, shutting the cash register. "The dishes are done, cash is counted, floor swept, chairs up, the ice cream is put away..." As he listed the chores he ticked them off on his fingers.

"Good," I sighed as I went to the back, Damian still following me like a duckling, and threw off my apron. "I'm tired."

"Me too," Emmett responded and yawned. "Let's lock up and get out of here."

"Okay," I agreed, grabbing the keys and heading to the front door. I waited until Emmett and Damian exited before shutting off the lights and closing the door, locking it behind me.

"Do you need a ride home today?" Emmett asked as we walked towards the parking lot.

"No," Damian answered before I had a chance to, "I'll be taking her home tonight... Actually, every night she works from now on."

Emmett raised his eyebrows. "When did you two start going out?"

"We are-" I started but Damian pulled me closer to him, and muffled my voice with the front of his chest.

"A few days ago. We didn't really tell anyone."

"Well, it was bound to happen," Emmett laughed. "I could tell you two liked each other."

I felt my face heat up and attempted to pull myself away from Damian, but he held fast. He chuckled, and I could feel his chest vibrate.

"Was it that obvious?"

He was a good actor. We continued down the dark path to the parking lot, where street lamps lit the area.

"Whoa," Emmett gasped, stopping in his tracks.

This time I succeeded at pulling myself away from Damian to see what Emmett was looking at.

"You have a Mazda RX8?"

As we entered the parking lot I noticed two cars. One was Emmett's slightly dirty white 2009 Toyota Corolla, and the other was a sleek, shiny black Mazda. I raised my eyebrows.

Damian shrugged. "It's not that fancy of a car."

"Around here it is," Emmett responded, walking over to it and looking it over. He whistled. "This is worth double of my car."

Damian shrugged again. "You have a pretty nice car too."

"If nice you mean ordinary and what everyone has around here, then thank you," Emmett joked with a smile.

Damian laughed along with him. Boys and their cars. But I had to admit; it was rare to see such a car around here.

"I'll see you two tomorrow," Emmett informed us unlocking his car and opening the driver side's door.