We'll never really forget.

In the future, there will come a time when we stop using our twitter, tumblr and wattpad accounts that are dedicated to One Direction. It might be because the boys break up, the fandom breaks up or maybe we just grow up. When that time comes to deactivate our accounts, pull down the posters and hide away all of the merchandise we've collected over the years, we'd put all of that behind us so we can live a non-fangirl life. We'd be married, have jobs and have our own house and kids.

One day when you're driving home from work, you might hear that first single played on the radio; What Makes You Beautiful. The memories flood back and you have to pull over to the side of the road as driving becomes impossible from the blur of salty tears streaming from your eyes.

The tours, the interviews, the twitcams, the awards, the laughs and the cries. Memories from X Factor - Seeing them all audition separately, not getting through but then being put together as a group, Uncle Simon, singing Torn for their first ever performance as One Direction, watching every one of their performances up to the live finals, voting every week.

You'll remember them as the 5 boys who had a huge part in your life, the boys who could make you feel beautiful, like you were worth something. You'll remember all of the Directioners you met because of those boys and wonder why you never kept in contact with them. You'll remember every single detail about what happened with those 5 incredible boys and how proud you were of them for living their dreams and never giving up.

Then one day when you get all of your merchandise out, you'll start fangirling again, reminiscing the good old days when you'd watch their videos on repeat for hours and hours just to hear their voices and laugh at the silly things the did. You'll watch their tour DVD and remember the feeling you had when you saw them in concert for the first time. Your children would ask you why you're crying and you'd tell them everything. From Liam's fear of spoons to Niall's love for Nandos; Louis and Zayn sneaking out and getting lost in Sydney to Harry's habit of getting naked all of the time. Just everything. Even though you know your children probably think you're crazy, you don't care because these boys meant so much to you and that's all the matters. You just wish you could talk the boys personally and thank them for all of the great memories and for being your inspirations.

You'll realise how lucky you were to be part of the amazing journey of One Direction; how amazing it was to be in that incredible fandom that had meant so much to you all those years ago, how you shared that experience with millions of others. You'll realise that there are fans just like you all over the world thinking about all of this because fandoms never really fade away. You'll always have that special place in your heart for One Direction. You'll always be a Directioner.

We'll never really move on.

We'll never really forget.