(13) Lies

Thursday

I got home from school, me and Richie walked through the door. I tried to visit Henry again yesterday, they wouldn't let me. I don't even think I'm going to go to his release. If he doesn't want me, that's his choice. I don't need him anymore, and apparently he doesn't need me. When he gets back to school.... Maybe I can just pretend he doesn't exist...... I mean I have the 'losers' club anyways.

Mr. and Mrs. Tozier were sitting on the couch.'

"We need to talk to you." Mrs. Tozier said with a bright smile.

"Who?" Richie asked, "Did the principal call?"

Her smile faded.

"About what?" She asked.

"What did you need to talk to me about then?" Richie asked.

"Well, it was both of you actually. Sit down, sit down!" She said cheerfully.

"But, whatever you did. You're grounded till Sunday." Mr. Tozier stated. Richie just shrugged.

Me and Richie sat down next to each other on the couch. Mrs. and Mr. Tozier were stitting on the loveseat.

"Okay, Hannah. You know how you were supposed to go live with the Bowie family?" Mrs. Tozier asked.

"Uhhh, yeah? Why?" I asked.

"We put in an application to be your foster family, at least.... If you want us to." She said with a bright smile.

"Are you serious?" I asked with a smile, Richie's jaw dropped.

"Yes, if you want us to foster you. I'm sorry, but we can't take Henry. Because him and Richie don't exactly get along..." Mr. Tozier said.

"I'd love for you to be my foster family." I said with a smile.

They both smiled, Richie hugged me with a big smile on his face. I don't have to live with Greta!

"What time is Henry's release?" Mrs. Tozier asked.

"4, but I-I don't think I'm going..." I sighed.

"Why not?" Mrs. Tozier asked with a sad face.

"It's a long story..." I muttered.

"That's okay, hun..." She said with a soft smile. The phone began to ring.

Mrs. Tozier quickly picked it up.

"Mmmm-hmmm, yes. Why?---------------So she can?----------------She already lives here, it's been working out fine.------------------I understand, yes....-----------------------Well, he isn't her guardian or anything, so why does he have a choice?---------------------------That's not even fair, she said she was okay with us becoming her foster family.---------------------I can prove it to you! She can tell you herse-------------------You want her to tell you?------------------------My son would never do that!--------------------------He was probably making it up!----------------------------------" Mrs. Tozier argued into the phone.

"Hannah, come over here." She commanded handing me the phone, it was Mrs. Milton.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello, Hannah." Mrs. Milton said.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"The Bowie family seems like it would be better for you, considering..."

"Considering what??"

"Henry has told us that you are being abused, that you cried while you were here visiting telling him of what happened."