17

naomi

"i wish we could have stayed longer, naomi." jack pouted as we piled our things into the car.

i laughed at his comment and he gave me an even more upset look. "you must stop or i will begin to think you love this city as much as i do." i paused my organization of the car and leaned against the trunk. "we are going back to california, jack. life could be worse."

he stood in front of me and i wrapped my legs around his and hugged around his torso as hard as i could. "we will come back, i promise."

"don't," i lightly pushed him back and sighed as continued to arrange our few bags in the car.

"i mean it." he spoke with such a determined tone it nearly startled me. "i know plenty of times you were told the same and it never happened, but i mean it."

"i believe you." i nodded and surprisingly, i did.

**

jack walked off the plane before me to get our luggage into the car. i took my time getting all my things together, but decided it was time for me to get off the plane as well.

i was greeted with the sight of a man with his back to me pointing a gun at my husband, and a guard next to my husband pointing a gun at the mystery man.

jack tried to get me to go back on the plane without the man noticing, but i decided on taking things into my own hands. i retrieved the gun i had been gifted by my father and silently set my bag on the ground. i walked up behind the man, making no sound as they were talking back and forth.

i used the back of my gun to hit the man on the head and he fell to the ground with ease. i stepped over him and kicked the gun out of his reach and picked it up.

"naomi!" jack ran up to me as the guard ran to the man and tied him up. "are you insane? we could've handled it."

"i handled it though." i brushed off his lecture on safety. "are you sure you aren't only intimidated i may be more of a badass than you?"

jack laughed as i walked past him to the car. "you really are my wife."

"you better keep her, gilinsky." the guard yelled in our direction.

"i know." he smiled and we waved him off as we drove home.

**
few weeks later

"i never thought i would see the day you knocked someone out for me." jack spoke with amazement while we sat at the kitchen counter eating some unhealthy snacks instead of a real dinner.

"reminiscing, huh? and so you've moved past the whole 'compromising my own safety' stuff?" i chuckled as i got up to get a water from the fridge.

"you weren't listening anyway." he smiled and got up too. he walked over to me and rested his hands on my waist. "plus, it was pretty hot."

i placed my water on the island and put my arms on his shoulders as i ran my fingers through his hair. "good, i knocked that guy out purely because i wanted to turn you on."

"be careful, naomi. i may begin to think you are starting to like me." jack smirked at me.

i kissed him as i moved my hands down so they were cupping his face. "no one would want that." i smiled back up at him and he brought his lips to mine.

jack picked me up and carried me to the couch and we continued our make out session until he got a call. "want to go to a party? the boys invited us out." he spoke as he returned to the room.

"us?" i gave him a questioning look and he nodded. "i mean we could stay home and-" i cut myself off and gave him an innocent smile. "never mind, sounds like a great time."

"i am fine with staying home!" jack quickly interjected.

"let's party, jack. it will be fun." i winked at him and he groaned.

"it would be fun to stay here, too." he grumbled and followed me up the steps as i laughed.