12

naomi

i woke in a strange room, my room in jack's house. jack. i am getting married to my kidnapper, so my parents and him can partner to own the biggest drug business there is.

everything about this is strange, my life is strange. my parents are massive drug dealers, the kind with mansions and so much money they don't know what to do. my life started off strange.

now jack, my future husband. this whole scheme was mind boggling, yet it wasn't truly insane. i am against arranged marriages, yet somehow i ended up here. i am doing this for my parents, i know this is massive to them. not to say i'm happy about this situation, but i am willing.

who would've thought i end up here?

a knock on my door separated me from my thoughts. "naomi?" i could tell it was jack.

"come on in." i sat up in bed.

"breakfast?" jack held a tray of food and set it on my lap.

"thank you, jack." i smiled and started eating some of it.

"i wanted to talk." he said, who knows where this is going. "your father wants us to plan our wedding, like what all we want."

"that's a lot of planning." i was surprised my parents weren't going to do it and just make us show up.

"yes it is, which is why he has set up a few different appointments today. he did already talk to me and we figured out who all will be there." jack spoke.

"who is going to be there?" i asked curiously.

"my men, regina, his men and of course your parents. he wants to keep it small as a safety precaution." he said and i nodded.

"do you know what the appointments today are for?"

"almost everything else; food, drinks, colors, flowers, and regina and your mother will help you with your dress."

"i have a dress appointment today?" i was intimidated by this.

"yep, so go ahead and finish eating. i'll be downstairs so come and find me once you're ready." he smiled as i thanked him again for the breakfast.

after getting ready and showering i went downstairs as jack told me and found him on the couch. i decided to wear some ripped, baggy, light jeans along with a yellow cropped crew neck.

"you ready to go?" i asked as he jumped slightly from my unexpected presence. "sorry, didn't mean to scare you." i chuckled softly.

"yeah, i am. and that's alright." he got up and we made our way to his car, well one of them. he drove to our wedding planner, as they had all the choices except my dress i would go get later.

we picked nearly everything out, mostly i picked everything out because i would say my preference and jack would say something along the lines of "that works," or "yeah, that's good."

as the planner had gone to get a book of options for our tablecloths, i turned to jack. "it's sweet of you to let me pick out most of this stuff, but you should have a say in it. you cannot possibly agree with all of my choices. it's your wedding too, jack."

"you're the one getting forced into it, i want it to be all you want so you like it." he spoke quietly so the planner couldn't hear wherever she was.

as she returned and went through to rest of our appointment, jack spoke up a little more but not much. after the appointment was over jack drove me to my dress appointment to drop me off and went to get his tux. we had already decided on a traditional black and white wedding.

i walked in and my mother and regina stood up and welcomed me. then a worker led us straight to a changing and viewing area.

seemingly hours later i decided on a beautiful lace dress, i was absolutely fond of it as were regina and my mother.

on the way back to jack's house, my mother drove me, i was exhausted.

"are you excited for your wedding? i can't believe my little girl is getting married!" she smiled and continued driving.

"you forgot the being forced into marriage thing." i spoke softly.

"listen sweetie, jack will take care of you and this is a huge deal whether or not you are being forced into it." she sighed as we got to jack's and she dropped me off. "i love you, see you soon."

"love you." i gave her a small smile and waved as she drove off. i took a deep breathe as i turned to see the gigantic house behind me. i could run away, right now. hope i never get caught and i won't get married to jack and i will just disappear.

but my family doesn't want that. my family wants me to fake my way through this marriage and act like i love a man i don't know.