Party Jester

Well another night like any other. They tell me tonight's gonna be a big blast and put stress on me cleanin' up in my best outfit. I didn't like how it was suggested that I didn't always look my best. I didn't care how big tonight was or what was happening. No one was gonna tell me to look better. So I decided I wasn't having it. I was gonna make a joke of this bar on a big occasion.
I wasn't gonna wear my usual play clothes. Yea that's right, I'm a stripper. Sorry if you were expecting different. I went to a small costume store in a dark alley of Gotham and found exactly what would make this a good joke. A red and black, slick sexy jester outfit. "Perfect"
Music was already booming when I entered the bar. I unlocked the back door and let myself into the smoky changing room. Red was still getting dressed in her green garb. She had a weird thing for plants.
"Hey Harley, whatcha wearin' tonight" she asked as she pulled up her pantyhose.
I smirked and held up the costume to her. She looked shocked.
"They're gonna have your head, Harls" she scolded.
"Ah well." I began trying to maneuver the tight leather costume.
"Those creeps will get a kick out of anything." I replied dryly.
Ya have to be wondering if I picked this lifestyle. Truth is I didn't. No one plans this. Ya know I've never even went home with any of these creeps. I ain't like that. But how I got here is a story for later.
Ivy was called to make her appearance on stage with me following after. The studio guys face HA priceless. They'd regret telling me to dress fancier, I feel for the guy who rented out this pub tonight.
Ivy took the pole. Looks like I'm on my own then. I start with the usual routine, only tonight I'm getting extra looks in my crazy suit.
   Then I see him. Sitting in my corner talking with a couple thugs. Long purple trench coat, green slick hair. And jagged smile to top it all off. I can't say it was love at first sight, but he definitely peaked my interest. It seemed this jester had found her match in the clown across the bar.
  I started up my dancing again, him making eye contact with me finally. I could tell he saw sparks too. I unzipped the costume in the back and began to slide it down. Some creep reached into the stage and tried to pull it off of me. Now this isn't a nude bar and it wasn't going down this way.
  I thought the man was about to make everyone in the crowds day as he pulled on my suit when out of nowhere a cane whipped down on his hand. The cracking bones were audible.
   I looked up and saw my knight in shining grease paint. He gave me a quick bow and our eyes locked a moment more before he headed back to his goons and I zipped myself up and headed backstage.
   "Wow what a weirdo" I laughed, trying to shake off the chilling encounter. He seemed really familiar, if only I had another look at him-
   And then for the second time tonight I had a revelation. Before I got f- quit my old job and mastered the profession I'm in now, I was a over qualified psychologist at Gotham Asylum.
Shocking right? Well the electro therapy patients always thought so.
   Jokes aside, I had a chance encounter with the batman himself during my time there. And I remembered him asking over and over about the whereabouts of a Joker?  I didn't know though because I had never had a patient by that title.
   Yes this all sounded right to me now. The "smiling deranged lunatic", the "clown prince of crime" that the newspapers were always raving about. He was here. And I think I just crashed his party.