82.

I can't believe it's been over THREE YEARS since I last updated. Anyone still here??

I'm so sorry for taking so long. I have no excuse other than life got in the way. I can't say when i'll next update but I am working on finishing and then rewriting this book to make it more professional, in hopes that it could potentially be published at some point.

Thank you for the support, I still see you all even when i'm inactive. Enjoy! X
(not proof read it yet soz)

September marks the start of a new semester at college. New art work to complete, new deadlines. I can't wait to be working again.

Scott's birthday weekend away was perfect, just a small retreat away from home with just each other as company. It was so good to get away from everything at home and just spend time with one another, waking up and falling asleep beside each other and knowing that we'd be in each other's company for a few days with no interruptions or distractions.

Scott and I sang with his guitar for a little while, both of us singing little tunes together. It's the first time I've harmonised since I stopped singing, and I got goosebumps hearing my voice blend with Scott's in the way it did.

"Okay guys, I hope you all had a good break. Time to start a new semester and learn some new things."

I smile up at Avi as he addresses the class, his shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbows and small paint splatters sprinkled all over him. His hair seems to have gotten longer, his beard too.

"This semester we're going to be focusing on live drawing. Sketches, pencil and chalk work. Improving your shading and life drawing skills."

I nod my head, excited to be learning something new. Obviously I can sketch, but I mainly focus on nature instead of real people.

I spend the rest of the class watching Avi as he sketches out a drawing of his mother from memory, carving out her glistening eyes perfectly with only a pencil. I watch in awe as he draws each wispy piece of hair, the shape of each tooth and every line on her face. I can only hope that some day I'll be as talented as he is.

The bell rings after an hour and I begin to walk down to math class, my arms crossed over my chest as I try to avoid everyone in the halls. I take my seat beside Kirstie, smiling and nudging her with my elbow.

She turns and hugs me, her new dark hairdo framing her face and making her eyes pop.

"I missed you, egg shell."

I smile at her, running my fingers through a small piece of hair which rests on her shoulder, "I missed you too, ice cube. I haven't seen you for at least two weeks."

"I know, I feel deprived of my dose of Mitchell."

She gives me a peck on the cheek before settling in her chair, quietening down as the teacher begins the class.

We're about half way through class when Scott's dad walks through the door, his glasses perched on his nose and a concerned look on his face.

He says something to my math teacher before looking in my direction. Before I know it, I'm being called out of class and am standing out in the hallway with Mr Hoying peering down at me.

"Hello, Mitch."

_____________

Sitting in Mr Hoying's office, I feel a strange sense of nervousness in the air, a feeling of tension and a lack of comfort that makes the air feel thick and heavy.

"So Mitch, I'm sure you know why I've called you in here."

I shake my head a little, picking at the skin on my fingertips as I look at Mr Hoying's stern expression, feeling almost sad that I can't feel comfortable yet with my boyfriend's parents.