64.

so, I've recently started university and I feel like I need to let you guys know that I've been really struggling to write, not just because I have no time, but mentally I've been so unmotivated to do anything at all. I want to write this story so much, all the time because I am completely in love with it, but I'm just finding it hard to gather enough motivation to do it well.

I think that every writer goes through a stage where they feel that their writing is not up to standard, and I feel like I'm in that phase at the moment :( everything I write just doesn't seem that good to me, but I'll keep going!

don't worry, I am still going to be updating and I'm enjoying this story so much, but if updates are a little slow or a little short, just know that it's not because I don't care anymore, it's because I care too much and I refuse to publish work which I'm not completely happy with.

also, I've been prewriting loooooooads of chapters for this story, coming some time in the future, some of which I think you'll enjoy greatly ;) so there are exciting things to come!

sorry for the essay lmao, just needed to let you guys know what's going on. I'm so grateful for you all and love you so much :)

I watch as Scott gathers up some papers, tidying up the choir room from the lesson before. I'm sat on the floor in the centre of the stage, cross legged and waiting for Scotty to finish.

He smiles at me every so often, before continuing to clean up, and eventually, he's finished and he comes to sit opposite me.

"Okay, you ready?" He asks, rubbing his hands together in front of him in anticipation.

"I've been ready and waiting for fifteen minutes," I smirk, raising my eyebrows slightly.

"Oh," Scott laughs, "yeah, sorry about that."

"It's fine," I smile, patting his thigh gently.

"Okay, so.. I had an idea which might help you on your journey to singing again."

"Okay.." I say cautiously, shrugging slightly, "what is it?"

"You can't sing yet and it's not a good idea to try and force you to. Been there, done that, didn't work."

I nod with raised brows, before sighing quietly, "yeah?"

"So why don't we start with something close to singing and take it in stages? What's something that's close to singing?"

I frown skeptically, "talking?"

Scott looks at me with an expression which sort of says 'are you serious'. He slumps his shoulders and relaxes his face, "no, for some reason, I'm pretty damn certain you can talk."

I laugh with a shrug, "you asked me what's close to singing so I told you!"

"I meant humming, you donut."

"Oh," I say quietly, licking my lips with a small frown, "I mean, I haven't- humming isn't something that I've thought to do.. I can't- I don't know if I can."

"I know that, sweetheart, that's why I thought we could try it today? You don't have to, of course, but I just thought it would be a good place to start."

I look around cautiously, peering at the open door before lowering my voice, "maybe you should lay off the nicknames whilst the door's open, Scotty.."

Scott turns towards the door, before walking over and closing it quietly.

I smile with a sigh as he sits back down, gently reaching over to play with the tips of my fingers.

"Do you think you're ready to take the first step?"