Chapter 12

I was brought to a car, a van I suppose. Then, may nagtali ng kamay at paa ko. My eyes were still covered but not my mouth. Nobody was talking.

My thoughts ran to Sydney. Is she okay? Did the same guys abducted her too? I prayed na sana hindi naman. Sana safe sya. And so when she gets back to where she last left me, she'd know na something happened and she'd call for help.

After what seems like a 5 or 10 minute drive, the car was brought to a sudden stop and I was escorted out. Inalalayan ako sa kung san at basta na lang pinaupo kung san din. Aba, malay ko ba kung nasan ako diba? Nakatakip nga yung mata eh.

Ilang minuto rin akong nakaupo lang dun. Nakatanga. Ewan, kinakabahan ako pero may pakiramdam akong magiging okay din lahat. I was praying the whole time.

Out of nowhere biglang tumugtog yung instrumental ng "Careless Whisper" tapos may humatak nung tali sa mata ko, dahilan para malaglag yun na parang loose scarf sa leeg ko.

I blinked a few times, adjusting my eyes from the sudden shift of complete darkness to party lights of different colors. I scanned the place with my eyes.

I was sat on a one seater Victorian sofa. It was a very elegant seat with two black cushions at my back.

The seat was placed in the middle of a house. Yung floor, puro balloons of white and pink colors. I was facing the grand staircase. Dim light yung base light tapos may mga inattach na party lights sa corner.

From the top of the stairs, bumaba ang isang lalaki na half naked! He was only wearing jeans that hung low on his waist and his eyes covered with a mask. Dahan dahan sya bumaba from the stairs and walked to me and started dancing – macho dancing!

WHERE IN THE WORLD WAS I?!

After a while may iba pang guys na bumaba and ganun din. All were wearing just jeans and a mask covering half their faces.

They were touching me on my arms then gripping on the sofa and dancing like they were making love to the chair. Isa isa na nila tinanggal yung masks and I recognized them as my friends.

Damn these guys!

It was Michael, Josh, Daniel, Inno and André. We were all laughing so hard. My thoughts and emotions didn't even try to play catch up. It was just in a snap living in the moment.

"You guys are such bad dancers!" I laughed.

Tinanggal na ni Inno yung tali sa kamay at paa ko.

"So!" Tumayo si Andre sa gitna nung stairs, "let us begin the party! Girls, come on out!"

From my side a door opened and lumabas na nga sila with Sydney, the evil witch, leading them, holding a cake with a lighted candle on her hands.

"Sorry, best friend! Pagbigyan, birthday mo na naman eh."

"Thre days pa from now ang araw ng kapanganakan ko. Impakta ka talaga!" I stood up.

"Blow the candle, Aubs!" Sigaw ni Chloe.

After I made a wish, I blew the candle and everyone clapped and chanted, "happy 20th birthday Aubrey!!!"

My eyes roamed around, obviously looking for someone.

But no. No Alexander Dadgardoust in sight.

Next thing I know, Tin was softly pushing me by the shoulders to sit again.

She got a glass and filled it with champagne, "I raise a glass for a new found friendship with Aubs and Sydney and us. I hope it'll last a lifetime!"