Prologue

Aubrey's POV:

"You can't break up with me."

My voice felt a little shaky willing to stop the tears that blur up my eyes.

"Sorry, Aubrey. I really am."

"I don't understand.. I thought we're happy? Aren't we doing just fine?"

I held his hands and stared into those deep brown eyes I fell in love with.

He shook his head.

"I honestly don't know anymore. All I know is, masasaktan lang tayo pareho kung itutuloy pa natin to."

"That's bullshit! We've been in this relationship for two years! Two fucking years and now all of a sudden you want out?!"

"But you don't get it."

He let out a heavy sigh. Like he's trying to calm himself or something.

"Yes. We were happy but then I realized we were just settling for each other. Nasanay lang tayo sa isa't isa. Considering the fact that we've been best friends since gradeschool. And when our families moved here to Edmonton, wala tayong ibang inasahan kundi ang isa't isa."

"What's that got to do with this? Screw all that. Ang kapal naman ng muka mong sabihin sakin yan. Eh diba ikaw ang naunang nagsabi na mahal mo ko? That you wanted something more than being best friends? Ikaw ang nanligaw, ikaw ang unang nagsimula ng lahat ng to!"

His hands moved up to both my shoulders.

"Yes. And I realized the times have changed. Someday, maiintindihan mo din ako. You're an ideal girl, Aubrey. And you have to remember that there will always be one true love for you. It may not be the one you expected and wanted, but it's the one you deserve."

"How can you say that?"

I looked down as tears started to fall.

"Please, don't waste your tears on me."

He held up my chin and wiped the tears away from my cheeks.

"I want us to stay friends. I know, sa ngayon masakit pa sayo kaya imposible pa yung mangyari. But you'll see my point."

He smiled and continued, "Aubrey, I'll be looking forward to the day you'll come to me and tell me about this guy. This guy who will make you fall in love again. This guy who you'd spend days doing crazy things with. This guy who might break your heart to a million pieces and put it back together with just one kiss. I also wanna tell you, that no matter what, I will always be your best friend."

And with that he said goodbye.

Alex's POV:

"I'm sorry. Goodbye."

I kissed her one last time and got to my car.

Sheesh. Why do girls always have to make it so hard for the both of you? I got up my phone and called André.

"Oh, bro. Kamusta?"

As soon as I heard the voice from the other line, I started the engine and drove off.

"Eto, on the way there. Broken hearted ako eh. Kakabreak lang namin ng girlfriend ko."

I laughed at my own sarcasm.

"Ikaw, broken hearted? Wow. Para mo naman sinabing mag eend na ang mundo. So, how did it go?"

"You seriously want me to tell you about my break up? Well, nothing new. It's just as pang telenovela as the last one."

We both laughed.

"I have to hang up pare. Tsaka pala, kela Inno na lang tayo magkita. May bisita si mama eh. Dun na lang tayo sa pad niya. Let's celebrate for your broken heart."

"Gago. Sige, see you."