Injured Nights

I enter my room, Danny following behind me.
Danny is a friend from across the hall. We've been friends since we were little, I remember when he and his family moved here from New Zealand, I'm honestly not sure why they didn't just go to Australia. But I was in charge of teaching him about American culture and how we act. In return, he taught me how to speak New Zealander. They have a strange way of wording things.
I've always liked Danny, even my parents have always liked Danny. He's just got that charming vibe, and with his accent, that can go a long way. Danny has been a great friend to me. In fact, he's more than my friend.

He's also my drug dealer.

Bastard got me addicted. I remember when he first told me about his 'job'. It was about two years ago. I was feeling kinda low, I had put my arm through a lot of pain. So much pain that it actually just hurt even when I wasn't hurting it.
Danny had come over and shown me the kind of business he was now involved in. And I was so thankful for it at the time. It just felt so good to be able to leave for a few hours. To just not feel. In a way, I felt like Danny was saving me like Robin had all those years prior. He even gave me mates rates.
Now, well...I'm not feeling so low. And I certainly don't need them like I did before. But I can't stop. I'm just so addicted to the feeling I get from them. I have managed to cut back, I used to hit it two or three times a week. Now I'm only in once a fortnight territory. I usually only do it on nights where I'm certain Robin won't show.

I reach down into the back of one of my draws and pull out a bag of money. I chuck it a Danny who smiles and chucks a bag back at me. I smile back at him.

"You're gonna be the death of me man," I state, putting the bag in a secret compartment under my bed.

"Ey, ya can't blame me. I cut you off once to save you and you thanked me by tearing down my door and begging me to sell to you again." He stashed the money in his pocket. "I figured it would be safer for tha both of us if I let you buy again ehh."

I crossed my arms at his explanation. "You just didn't want to lose your best customer."

"Not true girl." He shook his head at me. "I didn't want to lose my best friend."

"I'm fifteen and addicted to drugs. My life is pretty much lost."

"You seem to bring this topic up whenever we have these meetings. I can cut ya off again if thats what ya really want?" He suggested. I replied with a quick shake of my head. He just laughed. "Just don't use em all at once eyy. Remember you're on portion control."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm so glad you care so much about my health and wellbeing."

He laughed again. "Just keep safe yeah?"

I nodded, "Yeah."

As I answered him, a loud tap was heard outside my window. Another tap soon followed.

"What was that?" Danny questioned, making his way toward the window.

'That' was Robins signal to inform me that he is here and is waiting for me to shove my guest out of the room and allow him inside.
Strange, I thought he was gonna be on a stakeout all night tonight. That's why I brought Danny in.

"It was probably just a bird, they often fly into the window." I said to Danny, I'm not completely lying to him.

"Hmmm, yeah okay. I'm gonna head off alright. See ya around Izzie." Great, he either believed it or didn't actually give a shit.