Prolouge

A figure had smashed straight through my window. It skidded across my floor straight towards my door, but it didn't open. I had locked it so then my parents couldn't come in, even though they aren't even home right now. It tried kicking down the door but he obviously wasn't strong enough.
That's when he saw me, sitting up in my bed, a book firmly clamped between my fingers.
I had made a very strong effort not to scream when he smashed in, hoping he wouldn't kill me. That plan didn't work very well because he definitely saw me. He ran towards me, I was too petrified to move and I barely resisted when he wrapped his arm firmly around my neck and placed a knife under my chin. He faced towards the window and backed up against the door.
He began speaking, his tone made him sound like a madman.

"I know you're out there Batman!" He yelled at the window, "don't make this girl become number three-hundred and fifty-seven!"

The door behind us suddenly snapped and the man was torn away from me. For some reason, my body decided now was the time to scream, so I did. I screamed loud and clamped my eyes shut.
In the hallway of my home, I could hear the sound of someone getting beaten. It sounded kinda like someone was slapping a fish around the place. Then I heard the deep voice.

"Robin, the girl!" It ordered someone.

My screaming had died completely down now but my eyes continued to stay closed. I was curled into a ball, sitting on the floor. Every now and then a heavy sob would come from my throat as I silently cried where I was.

A hand then fell onto my shoulder and I flinched, thinking I was being grabbed again. But then I heard his voice and could tell it wasn't the sound of a psychopath or a dark scary Batman. This was someone different.

"Uhhh. It's okay." He comforted. Although he didn't sound super confident in his comforting skills. "You're safe. Zassac can't hurt you." I could feel him kneel down beside me but I didn't move from my position. I just kept sitting there and sobbing with my eyes squeezed shut. His hand stayed on my shoulder. "You can open your eyes okay. There's nothing dangerous."

His voice sounded much more normal and trustworthy than the psychopaths did. So I was heavily inclined to believe that there was nothing dangerous.

"Do you promise?" I said quietly, almost in a whisper. Tears still leaked through my closed eyelids.

"Um. Yes, I promise. There's nothing that can hurt you."

I reached a hand out, just hoping to feel something that would lead me to believe that this was a trick. It met another hand that felt gloved, but was also roughly the same size as mine.
So I opened my eyes and I saw him.

Robin.

He smiled at me and I immediately wrapped my arms around him and dug my face into his chest. I then started crying. I bawled out litres of tears and they all soaked into his uniform, making it a shade darker.
He hesitated, but eventually, he also put his arms around me and held me. It just caused me to hold onto him tighter.

"What's your name?" He asked, probably trying to get me to think of something other than almost dying.

"Isabella," I answered in between sobs. I'm not even sure if he heard it, I said it so fast.

"Isabella. Mind if I call you bell?"

I nodded into his chest.

I think we stayed there for a long while but I must've fallen asleep. Because I woke up in an office at the police station.

I was twelve on that night. And it was the first time I'd ever met Robin.
But it certainly wasn't the last.

New story. Jason Todd. Random girl named Isabella. BRILLIANT!
But no title yet.
A title would be lovely if anyone had any suggestions?