chapter one

today I was moving from my Aunty anne's house in Iowa,I had moved twice before from my Grandmas when I was 5 and from my Uncle Joe's when I was 10,for the past five years I have been living with my Aunty in iowa,both my grandma and uncle lived just under 30 minuets away but this time I was moving across the world to live with my uncle Michael,I couldn't say I was that sad because I didn't have many friends and school was hell,sure I would miss my family but I felt like such a burden to them I'm sure they would finally be glad when I leave.

This whole moving every five years arrangement was decided when I was born,my mum was a teen mom and we had no clue who my father was and quite frankly I wasn't interested seeing as he left my mom,well to cut this story short my mum died in childbirth so I was practically an orphan from the day I was born,my mom's family got together and decided every five years they would each have me,I was okay with that,I got a pretty sweet deal considering that I would of been shipped off to a foster home.

This uncle Micheal seemed nice enough he always sent birthday cards and Christmas cards,the family never stopped talking about his high up job in a major banking firm in the UK,they were all very proud of him,the last time any of us saw him was when my Uncle went over three years ago and he said he loves the UK and would love to immigrate there.

So right now I was stood at the airport my whole family and a few people I didn't really know were all stood round me crying whilst I held onto my Aunty Anne's hand.

I had got used to moving know and it was normal to me but I was not sure how I felt about moving to the UK,when my family asked about it I kind of just avoided the question I guessed if I ignored it the day wouldn't come but now it has and I can't do anything about it.

'You be good now piper' my grandad hobbled over to me,his big wooden walking stick supporting him up.

'I will promise' I said to him,hoping I would.

'Time to go now piper' my Aunty Anne said to me giving my hand a slight squeeze.

I stood there looking around at my family's faces,I was being shipped off to the other side of the world away from them all,I had no friends nothing just my family and I was leaving them.I was leaving my rock without these people I would have nothing,without these people I would of not got through last year and I had no clue when I would see any of them again.

I walked away not being able to bear it and dragged my suitcase along the bobbly floor.

'Piper' my Aunty Anne ran after me grabbing my hand and pulling me into a hug.

'I don't want to leave' I cried into her shoulder smelling her scent of baking and wood,a scent I would miss.

'I know dol but you will be fine' she said holding both my hands and bobbing down to look at me with her big blue eyes.

'But just incase here is this' she said pulling an envelope out of her bag and handing it to me.

'W-what is it' I asked confused.

'Just incase you need to come home,its a plane ticket,you can use it whenever' she said slightly smiling at me.

'Thankyou so much Aunty Anne I'm going to miss you' I said clinging to her again.

'I love you dol,don't tell anyone about the ticket because everyone is meant to have 5 years but sometimes that might not work out' she said smiling,I knew exactly what she meant,if grandma and grandad found out they would go in a strop I am meant to be shared equally,im not sure I liked that I would live with Aunty Anne if I could but life is life.

I turned around and walked into the plane tunnle,it felt like I was walking to war leaving my loved ones behind.

----------------------------------------------

The plane journey was long and boring,I listened to music and slept for the most of it,the only other thing I did was buy food from the annoying busty blond air hostess's food cart.

I was sat at the back of the plane and I was fine with that it was more peaceful than you would think,I knew my family didn't have a lot and I was grateful that they even got me a ticket but I sort of wished they couldn't afford one so I wouldn't have to leave.

I was worried,scrap that I was terrified as the plane landed,not because I'm scared of planes,I was scared of what my uncle and cousin would think,I would be spending the next five years with them so first impressions had to be good,at the moment I looked a mess but who doesn't when they get off a ten hour flight.

The plane landed and everyone clapped,why do people do that it is beyond cringey.

I left the plane with all the other grumpy and tired passengers and caught a mini taxi bus to terminal one at heaththrow airport.

I grabbed my suitcase and walked out to the gates,I looked around un sure what to do I didn't even know what my uncle looked like.

That's when I saw a man standing looking abit lost,he looked in his late 40's,he was wearing a suit,he was tall like my grandad and he was holding up a sign that said 'welcome to the UK piper' well I guess that's my uncle.You could tell he was related to me from a mile away he was the spit of my uncle and grandad.

I cautiously walked over and a smile lit up on this mans face and he grabbed me into a hug.

'Piper' he smiled letting go of me and grabbing my heavy suitcase.His accent was really heavy.

'Errr hi' I said giving an awkward smile,way to play it casual piper...

'This is so exciting it's like another member to the family' he smiled looking at me again.

'You look so much like your mum'he chocked a tear running down his cheek,gosh this man was emotional.

'Well thankyou' I replied fiddling with the skin around my fingernails,I tended to do that when I was nervous.

'God look at me I've met you for one minuet and I'm already a bloody mess' he laughed,his accent was so different Jesus.

We walked into the car park and my uncles car was parked close to the terminal,it was a nice black BMW nicer than any of the car that my family back home owned.

'Do you have a son?'I asked breaking the silence,it wasn't awkward I just thought it a good time to ask.

'Yes his name is Josh,he is such a lazy sod he wouldn't get out of bed this early to come get you' my uncle laughed,I looked at the small digital clock on the dashboard and it was 6am,I guess the timezones hadn't caught up to me yet.

'He's around my age right?' I asked fiddling with my top removing the fluff.

'Yep he's a year older' my uncle replied,I looked over to him seeing how more more he looked like my uncle up close.

'He will be in the year above of you at school,so he's in his last year and you are in your 2nd to last year,I know that the schooling is abit different here' he replied.

'Oh and about school well you have already missed a term of school but I have managed to get you enrolled into Josh's school you will start next week' my uncle said turning and smiling at me.I just noticed he is wearing a suit this early in the morning.

'Erm why are you wearing a suit' I said trying not to laugh,but when my uncle looked at me with am embarrass expression on his face I lost it.

'Well I thought first impressions aye' he said laughing.

'I thought that but well' I said gesturing to my messy hair and clothes and we both ended up laughing.I could tell that me and my uncle were quite similar and I was going to get along with him.

We spent the rest of the ride talking abit hobbies and school back in Iowa,I tired to avoid most of those questions though he was better off not knowing anything about my past.The rest of the time I passed by looking out of the window watching the tress wizz bye and all merge into one,I watched the rain run down the window imagining they were having a race.

We pulled up into a drive way,my face dropped this place was huge,hell we could fit my whole family in this house...

'Right well this is home now piper I hope you like it' my uncle said getting out the car as I did and he grabbed my bags whilst I stood in awe looking at the house infront of me.

[HEY GUYS I HOPE YOU LIKE THE FIRST CHAPTER:)PlS VOTE AND COMMENT]