chapter thirty five

To say the tension was awkward after that was a very big understatement.

The rest of the game was a blur to me as I kept noticing Luke stare at me briefly before glancing away and pretending to laugh at something someone said.

"This game is crap now let's watch a movie" Ruby sighed pushing herself up and flicking her bedroom light on causing us all to squint and complain about the light.

"Whatever you say kitten" Michael said looking up from the floor to her with a smirk.

"Fucking disgusting" Calum mumbled.

We settled down around Ruby's laptop and I was squished inbewteen Fred and Michael,Ruby had made herself comfortable on Michaels lap and Luke was next to them.

Calum had chosen to perch on the bed above us,I feel his breath on the top of my bed every time he breathed.

Ruby flicked through Netflix trying to find a decent film,which to her seemed to be the biggest struggle of the night seeing as she wouldn't shut up about it.

I was subtly watching Luke this whole time,I felt so attached now like he had me hanging on his every movement.

He kept leaning over to Michael whispering something in his ear covering his mouth with his oddly long fingers before they both looked at me,I felt so uncomfortable did I have something on my face?

I was getting so aggravated that I wanted to scream at them but before I had the chance Ruby excused herself and gestured for me to follow her.

I pushed myself off the cream carpet that covered Ruby's floor and followed her out.

"They keep talking about the thing on your neck that looks like a hickey" Ruby said getting right to the point she had obviously overheard when sitting on Michaels lap.

"Holy shit" I just mumbled to myself looking down to in fact see the hickey that was big and bruised on my collar bone,my hoodie that I especially picked out to cover it had moved down to expose the top of my hickey.

"Who the hell have you that?" Ruby asked laughing before covering her mouth realising that everyone else was just behind the door and in earshot.

"Harry who the hell else" I hissed pulling my hoodie up and pulling the strings right to make sure it doesn't fall down.

"Well I see how he likes it"

"Ruby's it's not the time what the hell do I say?" I asked feeling panic wash over me,if I had to tell Luke about me and Harry.

Which I sure as hell wasn't planning to do after what happened between me and Luke before.

I wouldn't let him find out this way by letting him see this dark trashy hickey that contrasted with my pale skin that Harry inflicted upon me this morning.

He couldn't find out this way.

"Say it's like a birthmark or something" Ruby said,to be honest she probably blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"Ruby that's so stupid" I said harshly,I really had no reason to be rude to her but I was aggravated that I had let this little slip up happen.

"Well has he ever seen that part of you not clothed before?" Ruby asked raising her plucked eyebrows at me.

He hadn't,i'm positive,we had made out but that's about as heated as it got for us.

"No"

"Great we're going with that plan then" Ruby said opening the door before giving me a chance to answer.

I quickly say down earning a questioning glance from Fred.

But I ignored it and focused my gaze which now had a horror movie which I couldn't even pronounce the name of on the screen.

"Really Michael" I heard Ruby say.

"awh babe you scared?" Michael teased.

"Not as scared as you were when you first saw my boobs" Ruby cheekily remarked back causing this adorable short breathed laugh to fall than no other than Luke's lips.

Holy shit I think that was the most adorable sound I have ever heard.

"Shut up Hemmings" Michael said loudly.

/////////////////////////////////////

"We better go now babe" I heard Michael softly say nudging Ruby off his lap.

I turned round for the first time in nearly 2 hours to see Luke leaning his head against the bed,his hair ruffled in the cutest way.

I wish I hadn't of even turned round my heart was beating so fast.

"What time is it?" Ruby asked quietly probably not wanting to wake Luke or Fred who had fallen asleep curled into a ball on the floor.

It felt so weird,as if we had all been stuck in this room for a day when in reality it has been a few hours,this shining light from the laptop screen was the only thing dimly lighting up the room and everyone's faces which was probably a good thing because I must look like death right now.

"12:30" I heard Calum's groggy voice sound from above me.

"Are you walking back?" I asked my voice also groggy from not talking for the past two hours.

Jesus it was like everyone in this room had just woken up from being in a coffin for a year.

"Yeah" Michael replied standing up and yawning before stretching out his arms.

"Wake up Luke" Michael said down to Luke but he didn't budge abit,he just lay still and silent his lips twitching with every breath he took.

I was observing him so deeply it was borderline creepy.

"Luke mate" Michael said trying to wake him up again but this time Michael added in a small kick to Luke's thigh.

Luke woke up from his slumber also instantly gazing up at Michael like a deer caught in headlights.

"We have to go lukey boy" Calum cut in his voice sounding like it would be a lot more nice to wake to than Michaels.

"Ok ok" Luke replied rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"We will go get our shoes on hurry up" Michael said trailing out of Ruby's rook followed by Calum and Ruby.

I knew they were leaving us to give us some alone time even though Fred was still passed out on the floor next to me,I wasn't stupid.

Luke stood up smiling towards me and holding his hand out towards me.I took it not wanting to making this situation awkward at all.

"What's up?"

"Nothing I'm fine" I replied lying,even throwing in a convincing smile.

But I wasn't fine because I thought my mind was set on Harry but after tonight I wasn't so sure,If Luke could still make me feel all these emotions why would I not want to be him.

This was like some sick never ending cycle,each time I spend time with each boy I fall for them a bit more and become more torn each time.

"Alright"

"Look Piper this may not be the time to say this but do you still like me do you still not know if you want to be-" Luke babbled on rushing his words out in an adorable way but I was too stressed out to fawn over him right now.

"No Luke let's not talk about that right now"

"Okay Pipes" Luke said using the nickname that only he used for me,I swear I could just fall into his arms and kiss him all over right now but that wasn't ideal.

Instead I pulled him in for a brief hug but it wasn't as brief as I was expecting it when Luke curled his arms around me laying his head into my shocker so his fluffy hair was ticking my cheek.

"You know I love you right?" The beautiful words fell from his lips making my heart feel like it was being crushed.

(SORRY I FORGOT TO ADD ABOUT MY AWFUL UPDATE SCHEDULE I WILL TRY UPDATE AS OFTEN AS I CAN BUT I CANT FIND THE TIME ATM)