Chapter 17

**Harry's POV**

"Merry Christmas, Harry."

Annalise leans towards me, pressing her lips against mine. Ron throws his pillow at me, jerking me back into reality.

"What did you get?" he asks. I look down at the half opened present in my lap.

"Uh, maggots," I say, wrinkling my nose, "from Kreacher."

"Ugh, what is this?" he holds up a hideous necklace and I burst out laughing.

"It's from Lavender," he says, appalled, "she doesn't expect me to wear this, does she?"

We pull on our Weasley sweaters and head downstairs, Ron threatening horrific pain if I tell anyone about his gift. Fred, George and Ginny are already downstairs with their parents and Fleur, helping to make lunch. The atmosphere is so light and joyous, I can't help but get into the spirit of things.

"Merry Christmas!" Annalise skips into the kitchen looking bright as a daisy, wearing a green jumper with a black A on it. She looks so beautiful, a slight blush on her cheeks, the green making her hair seem even redder, her eyes bright. I can't help staring at her.

**Annalise's POV**

Harry keeps staring at me as we all help get lunch ready. It's very off putting.

Once lunch is ready we all sit down, and I make sure to put as much distance between us as possible.

"Anna!" George offers me the end of his cracker and I pull it, covering us both in a cloud of blue smoke.

"You won," George coughs, plunking the pirate hat on my head. I share my cracker with Fred, squealing in shock as a huge pigeon erupts out of it. After all the crackers have been pulled we dig in. Everything is so delicious!

A knock on the door surprises us, but not as much as who the visitors are. Percy and the Minister for Magic come in. I glance over at Fred whose mouth is in a tight line. I discreetly take his hand and squeeze it. Harry steps outside with the Minister, leaving us with Percy, who is looking extremely uncomfortable. Mrs Weasley tries making conversation with him, but he's very stiff and formal. Mr Weasley is looking utterly furious. It's a tense few minutes before the Minister returns, looking less than happy. He and Percy leave and the tension slowly diffuses. I tug on Fred's hand and we go upstairs to my room.

"Deep breaths," I murmur, "that was weird."

"Stupid git."

I laugh and slip my arms around his waist, leaning into his chest. He hugs me back, and I realise this is the first time we've been really alone since we broke up.

"I hope you're not going to try to have sex with me," he mutters into my hair, "I'm far too full."

"That was the plan, but if you're too full..."

"I mean, I'm not that full."

I laugh and pull him back towards the bed, leaning up to kiss him.

***

"That was fantastic," Fred says, pulling me against him. I sigh contentedly and pull the blankets up around us. I idly trace patterns over Fred's chest with my fingers.

"I've missed this," I say quietly. He kisses me on the forehead and holds me a little tighter.

"You know I'm never letting you go, right?"

I lean up and kiss him, savoring the feeling of his lips on mine, the warmth of his hand against my back.

"Mm, definitely never letting you go," he mumbles, making me giggle. I snuggle down against him again, threading our fingers together.