[ forty three ] hostage

Start from the beginning

Harper hadn't been there for the news, but apparently it didn't look great to have the Sheriff's son stealing police transportation vans and kidnapping lawyer's sons.

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles pleaded with him.

"Trust you?" Noah pointed a finger at him, narrowing his blue eyes.

Stiles pursed his lips together nervously. "Trust- trust Harper and Scott?" He jerked his thumb towards the two mentioned teenagers.

Noah nodded. "Harper and Scott I trust."

...

The former Sheriff of Beacon Hills held the door open for Harper, Stiles, and Scott as they all wandered inside. The lady sat behind the front desk raised her eyebrows at the older man, looking at him expectantly.

"It's two in the morning," she pointed out in a monotone voice.

Noah leaned on the desk, "believe me," his voice was low, "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important."

Stiles turned to face his two best friends. "We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" He mumured, causing Scott to furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?" The werewolf questioned.

Harper answered for Stiles. "All the murders were committed by Jackson." She shuddred, "except for one. The pregnant lady, Jessica."

Stiles nodded, "yeah, that's right." He mumbled, "since Matt had to kill her himself, someone from the hospital could have seen him."

Scott's eyes lit up in realisation, and he was glad that they had somewhere to start when looking through the evidence that they needed. The lady behind the desk jerked her head behind her and Noah pursed his lips in a thank you.

"Boys, Harper." Noah called, leading the way to his office.

...

Harper's eyes strained at the TV sat in front of them on Noah's old, wooden desk as they watched through the CCTV footage from Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital on the day of the death of Jessica. The three teenagers were watching on the edges of their seats, trying to grasp some sort of proof that Matt had been there, while Stiles' dad was starting to lose hope in what the trio had told him earlier.

"I don't know, guys." He sighed tiredly, "I mean look at this. There was a six-car pileup that night, the hospital was jammed."

"All right, just keep going." Stiles pushed, "look, he had to have passed one of the cameras on the floor to get to Jessica, okay? He's gotta be on the footage somewhere."

The Empath sighed deeply, moving her head to click her neck that had stiffened from leaning fowards for so long. All she was seeing was a nurse wheeling a hospital patient away in a wheelchair, an old man walking down the hall with a lady behind him, a lady sat down reading something in the waiting area, and a guy in a leather jacket walking-

"Wait!" Harper hissed, pointing a finger at the screen, "that's him. That's Matt."

"Scroll back," Scott ordered urgently, clearly having seen the teenage boy too, "did you see that?"

Noah did as Scott had instructed, scrolling the footage back. You couldn't see Matt's face, but it was obvious to anybody that knew him that it was him. He was wearing the leather jacket he always wore and his curly hair which hadn't changed since elementary school.

"That's Matt." Stiles confirmed, glaring at the screen.

Noah squinted, "all I see is the back of someone's head."