[ forty ] raving

c h a p t e r f o u r t y raving

raving

Friday night eventually rolled around and Harper had managed to convince her grandma to let her go out. Of course she didn't tell Rose that she was going to a secret undergound rave— no, instead she told her that there was a study group going on at the library and Harris had recommended that she should go.

The Verum girl had even gone as far as to write a fake letter, just so Rose couldn't say no. Rose had gone to bed early that night so Harper immediately began to get ready. She dressed up a little bit more than usual, since she needed to blend in with everybody else at the rave.

Harper wore a short, black skirt and a white crop top. She put her oversized denim jacket on top and a pair of her favourite Doc Martens. She left her honey brown hair half up half down and did some dark lipstick and added a burgandy eyeshadow to her crease.

She couldn't be bothered to put her full effort into her effort, especially since Matt was taking her and not Stiles. She waited on the doorstep so that Matt wouldn't wake up her grandma when he knocked on the door.

A black car suddenly pulled up in front of her driveway, causing her to let out a sigh. She stood up and forced a smile at Matt, waving as she climbed into the passenger seat of his car.

"Hey, Matt." She greeted, attempting to make a light of the situation by being nice to him.

"Hey." Matt smiled, his eyes flickering from her face to her body. "You look great."

Harper smiled a little, "thank you."

Harper hated the way his blue eyes gazed for way too long around her breast area, especially when she leaned over to get her seatbelt and buckle herself in. She inwardly shuddered and sent him an extra fake smile, causing him to look away.

The blue eyed boy cleared his throat before he began to drive down the road. "So," he began. "Your boyfriend, Stiles, right?"

"Right..." Harper nodded, unsure of where he was going.

"You two aren't serious, right? I mean, just a question. Y'know, just wanted to know." He spoke awkwardly, his fingers tightening around the steering wheel as if they were slipping.

Harper nodded, frowning. "Yeah, we're serious." She explained. "Very serious."

God, she wanted to get out of this car. Every time his eyes landed on her it felt like a hundred dirty hands were touching her, totally invading her space and making her feel physically sick. She couldn't for the life of her understand why she felt that way.

Maybe it was the guilt of knowing that Stiles wasn't the one taking her out, when she knew that he wanted to. But she knew somehow it was deeper than that. Something was off about Matt, other than his creepy stares and obnoxious smirks.

"Oh," Matt sounded dissapointed. "I mean, wasn't he mad that you agreed to go on a date with another guy?" His eyebrows furrowed together.

Harper was caught off gaurd by his question. She definitely remembered telling him that they were going just as friends, but either he was completely ignorant or he didn't speak English.