[ thirty four ] larper protection programme

Start from the beginning

"Hey, what's-"

"Drive." Harper rushed quickly, looking through the window to see the two werewolves coming towards them. "Bloody hell, Stiles! Drive, drive, drive!"

Stiles obeyed, quickly taking off out of the car park. He kept stealing worried glances at his girlfriend as she rubbed her neck, continuing to look back in concern.

"What the hell happened?" Lydia questioned from the back seat. "What happened to your neck and why were you running?"

Harper turned to face her. "Sore throat. Oh, and I saw Ms Redsoft and I didn't hand in my English homework last week so I had to leg it." She lied convincingly, though everybody but the strawberry blonde knew that it wasn't true.

"Oh..." Lydia sighed. "I thought you were passing Economics easily. Why are you in this study group?"

The teenagers had told Lydia that they were going to Scott's house to study for the upcoming Economics test, but it was just a coverup for what they were really doing- saving her life. Lydia was unknowingly in a lot of danger, so they were protecting her there.

"Same reason as you." Harper replied. "I'm helping."

Lydia just nodded, but she didn't look convinced.

About five minutes later, the blue jeep finally pulled up outside the McCall household, much to Harper's relief. The five teenagers all piled out of the car and onto the pavement, Harper's arm instantly linking with Lydia's as she guided her up the concrete stairs.

"If we're studying at Scott's house, where's Scott?" Lydia questioned as she looked up at his house with raised eyebrows.

"Meeting us here." Stiles told her as he unlocked Scott's door with his spare key. "I think. I hope."

As soon as they were all inside, Stiles turned around and locked all three locks on the door, drawing the curtains shut on either side where there were glass windows. He peered through them before turning around.

Lydia raised her eyebrows at him.

"Uh..." Stiles stalled. "There's been a few break-ins around the neighbourhood."

He spotted a wooden chair beside the stairs and grabbed it, quickly wedging it underneath the door handle. Harper had to refrain from yelling at him how completely obvious he was being. Lydia wasn't stupid, she would figure it out.

"And a murder." He lied, causing Jackson to sigh. "Yeah, it was bad."

They remained in an awkward silence for a few seconds before Allison gave a pointed look towards Jackson. Jackson rolled his eyes before turning to his ex girlfriend.

"Lydia, follow me. I need to talk to you for a minute." He jerked his head towards the stair case.

Lydia sighed, "seriously?" She groaned. "What is going on with everyone?"

They walked away and Harper turned to face Stiles and Allison.

"Erica and Isaac tried to get me to do that stupid Kanima test in the school car park after school." Harper announced, causing both of them to look panicked. "They said that you can't pass a test if you haven't taken it."

Stiles ran a hand through his buzz cut, "oh God. So not only are they after Lydia, but they're still after you? This is just great. Perfect."

Harper bit her lip. "Why do they even think it's me? Derek knows what I am."

Allison frowned deeply, "human?"

"Empath." Harper sighed, realising that nobody had told Allison yet.