The only thing worse than a player....Chapter 20

Wow...I woke up today with168 NEW emails..98% of them were comments. I LOVE U PPLZ!

READ on now

---------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 20

~*Jake's POV*~

Matt and I were in the kitchen eating our 4th meal. The one between lunch and dinner. We have a total of six meals...we need them to keep our strength for football!

"So Ryder and Rayne, eh?" Matt asked.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Wow...you let her? With Ryder?"

"Unless im speaking Spanish, that's what I said Matt."

"chill dude...I just thought you were protective of her. I guess....nah."

"You guess what?"

"Did you give up on Rayne?"

"What?"

"Have you decided to let Rayne do and be her own person now?"

"What the heck are you talking about!"

"I mean that you're not going to do what you did to all the others."

"I don't understand you, Matt." I rolled my eyes. Matt stood up.

"Yes you do. I feel happy for Rayne now. She always thought she was the ugliest girl on earth. Mostly because of you."

"No! I was protecting her!"

"Protecting her?! So she'll grow old alone?" Matt shouted at me. I put my hand up to silence him.

"Shuttup Matt. I did what I did to protect her!"

"No Jake. You were imprisoning her. She never had a boyfriend before because any dude that looked at her, you chased him off. Poor Rayne thought no one liked her because she was ugly and plain. Its really your fault." Matt said. I growled at Matt and pushed him into the wall.

"NO MATT! I love Rayne with all my heart! When she was born, I held her. When she was afraid of the boogie-man under her bed, I stayed up late to 'watch out' and stand guard. When she lost her first tooth, and didn't tell our parents, I put her 50 cents under her pillow. When she had nightmares I comforted her. Our parents WERE there, but she trusted me.

When she hit puberty, I got scared. She seemed pretty to me. I encouraged her to dress in jeans, and looser clothing. I got her to hang out with Jenny and Lauren because they were nice and not sl*ts at the time! I kept some guys away, but it was all so she wouldn't be like Monica, Kelly and Opal! I'm proud of what I've done!"

"Proud?! She's never lived before Jake! You've asked her to go to parties with you, but she wouldn't go cause she knew you wouldn't let her have fun. Do you realize how happy she is now? She's being admired, liked and has a boy friend!" Matt said, as I crushed him.

"So?! Jason messed with her, and they wont let me kill him, so letting her be admired, liked and be with Ryder is just part of the plan!"

"Letting her be with Ryder is part of the plan, Jake?" Matt asked curiously. I sighed, and let him down.

"No. At first it was...then they seemed to really like eachother. I know Ryder...he will fight till the death for something he wants...like when he was trying to find that dude who ran over his sister..." I said. Matt nodded.

"He was determined and angry until he found him...in Chicago, Illinois."

"Yeah...and I knew that if he was willing to give up his old habits for Rayne...then he must really like her. And he's a good guy. He wont cheat on her. And I'm glad he actually cares for her..."