15- Warm Regards

Arsenio's POV

"Why the fuck did Eloise just call me saying she has been sitting in the cold for hours, waiting for your sorry ass to pick her up?" I was livid when Eloise called me saying Ermanno hadn't picked her up. She belonged to me and my belongings would not be brushed aside.

"Chill dude. I'm sorry. I lost track of time with Jess. We got distracted if you know what I mean, but I am sorry. I should've been paying attention to the time."

Stupido cazzo (stupid fuck). Too busy dropping his pants with his girlfriend to follow the simple instructions I had given him.

"Don't let it happen again," I growled into the phone.

"Does Arsenio have feelings for a certain girl living in his house?" Ermanno asked, his tone teasing.

"No. I don't have feelings for that girl. She is my property and I want my property managed at all times. Something you don't seem to understand. Now, I have to leave to go pick her up."

"Whatever you say, Boss. I am sorry."

I hung up the phone, still irritated at Ermanno and his inability to complete tasks. Irritation gripped my mind as I walked into the garage and pulled the car down the driveway.

No. I did not have feelings regarding Eloise. Caring for others was a weakness, especially caring for Eloise.

Eloise's POV

One Month Later

In the past month, everything between Arsenio and I had stayed exactly the same. I woke up, made him breakfast, cleaned the house, made him lunch, wandered around looking for something to do, made him dinner, wandered around some more, went to my room, and finally succumbed to sleep.

I hadn't seen much of Arsenio recently. He'd been busy with work and had been out of the house a lot. I still wasn't sure what he did for work. I had not
asked and I was never going to. A private man like him didn't like being questioned about his personal life. I'd gathered this from my experience of living with him.

What I had seen of Arsenio though, had been spent in awkward silence. I would usually ask him a general question like how he slept, or if he was doing good, just trying to be polite. At first, he told me it wasn't my business, but now he answers monotonously with one-word answers. That was the extent of our talks.

Last week was the first time we had spoken more than a handful of words to each other in a month. It was the first time he'd yelled at me in quite a while, too. He had come home after a long day of work and had a few specs of blood on his knuckles. I was worried and asked what happened, but he blew up at me and yelled about how I "don't know my place" and to "never ask me questions that don't concern me again."

Living with that man was exhausting. Just when I thought maybe, just maybe, he was beginning to warm up to me, something happened that would crumble all the progress.

The current week had been completely silent after that blow-up. We hadn't said a single word to each other. I missed our discussions, even though they were vague and approximately two seconds long. Living in the house was lonely. While I would've liked to have a different person to talk to, Arsenio was the only one I had. So I tried to make conversation, even if it was pointless.