3-The Help

Arsenio's P.O.V

"Before we killed him, he told us that Matias wishes to speak to you." My second in command, Ermanno told me.

"That dog who still sucks on his mother's teat wants to meet with me?"

"Yes, Arsenio. He wants to talk about a peace treaty or something like that."

I laughed cynically while looking Ermanno in the eyes. "I will kill him before I make peace with him. After he tried to deceive me, after he attacked our company, he deserves death. That is exactly what he will get when everything is put in place. The meeting is dismissed."

Quel bastardo osa fare pace con me? (That bastard dares to make peace with me?) Humorous. He won't see his death coming.

After his team of twenty men attacked a small group of my men after my men were intercepting a delivery of cocaine meant for teenage boys, Matias will receive no mercy.

When the driver pulled up to my house after the meeting, I was beyond ready to go to sleep. I had a busy day and my stress was only intensified with this news.

"Bye, boss," Ermanno said when the driver opened my door.

"Goodbye, Ermanno."

When I got inside, I changed my clothes and got into bed, ready to fall asleep. Just as I was about to close my eyes, I saw a girl knocking on my front door through the screen on my wall that shows video surveillance throughout my property. Fuck, all I want to do is sleep.

Grabbing my pistol from my drawer, I made my way toward the front door. I opened the door, shocked by what I was met with. A young girl stood in front of me, covered in dirt, and standing against a walking stick while one of her feet was held a few inches off of the ground.

"Who the fuck are you?" I asked. She immediately froze and her face visibly paled at the sight of the gun in my hand. I didn't care that she was scared, I enjoyed it in fact. I loved evoking fear in people. Tormenting my victims before terminating the beating of their hearts provided me with great power.

She stared straight at the gun barrel and then up into my eyes with her hazel ones.

"I'm so sorry. sir. I-I-I was just lost in the woods and I needed someone to tell me where the next town over is s-so I could get some food o-or something," she stuttered out while continuing to glance between the gun and my eyes.

I laughed at her stupidity. "You want to know where the next town over is? Tu stupida ragazza. (You stupid girl). There is no next town over. You are in the middle of nowhere. You are miles away from civilization. Get the fuck off of my property and go find someone who cares enough to help you. And go quickly before I change my mind and shoot you like I normally would," I spit out in disgust and slammed the door in her shocked face.

I wouldn't have actually shot her. I didn't have time to waste on common people like herself. I hoped my words scared her enough to force her to leave my property, though. I just wanted to be left alone and go to sleep.

***********

Eloise's POV

He slammed the door in my face. Um... okay. His harshness was unnecessary, but I was all too familiar with being treated like dirt underneath people's feet.

So much for getting help. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now. Maybe I should go back home.

No.

I have nowhere else to go.

You can't go back there. He will kill you.

As I was having this mental argument with myself, I attempted to walk down the very long and windy driveway in hopes of finding a road. My ankle was hurting badly at that point after having a constant supply of weight on it with no relief. However, a quick disappearance was not in my cards, because I tripped over the cobblestone in the driveway, my head breaking the fall.