Chapter 8: Save me

"Toxic people will then let you drown in their polluted waters, eliminating everyone else so there the only ones who are there to save you.... and that's how it all starts."

------------------------------------------------------

Someone pulled at my feet making me fall. 

Then in one big flash all the crows disappeared all except one bird, an eagle. 

It's little head crowded my vision as it stare-

"Jorja!" Someone said shaking me. 

i groaned pushing them away. 

"Jorja, please!" The person said sounding like they were crying. I recognized the voice as nia. 

"Jorja, Please Granny's not breathing!" As soon as i heard those words i lunged from my bed in a swift motion. 

"i'm going to call an ambulance!" Nia said running to the front room.

I ran into my grandmother's bedroom seeing her in the same spot she's always in. I look to see that her breathing machine wasn't even on. "Fuck!" i scream kicking the chair next to her bed. 

i rubbed my face before beginning to shake her. "Cmon granny, please" 

"You can't go." i said with tears running down my face.

"You can't leave me, You can't leave nia." i said my voice cracking. 

i put my mouth to hers attempting to do cpr.

"Granny, please!" i said continuing to shake her. 

Nia came into the room pushing me off her. "Stop you're going to hurt her!" 

"No!" i said getting back up to try to wake her up. "i can help nia get off of me!" 

Nia hugged me trying to keep me from going over to our grandmother. "I called the ambulance, they can help her ja, ja" She continued to hug me as i struggled to get out of her grip. 

"No nia, she can breath she's just playing, right grandma?" i said sobbing. 

"shush jorja." 

"No.. she isn't answering because she can't talk remember? She's fine nia, she can't leave us."

i said breaking down crying. 

All of a sudden a bunch of people busted in the room with a stretcher.  "Okay guys grab her." a guy said. 

"No stop leave her alone!" i said trying to get out of nia's grip once again.

"Jorja please calm down." she said crying as well.  

"No they can't take her, she can't leave... not like everyone else."

i finally got out of her grip running over to my grandma but before i could get very far someone grabbed me again. 

"Mam i need you to calm down, we are going to do our best to help her." 

"No!" i said sobbing. 

i watched her get pulled away on the stretcher and my heart literally broke. "n- pleas-" i said not able to form words sinking down to the ground. Nia came holding her small arms around me as i cried. 

"We'll be fine, we always are." nia said with tears in her eyes saying what mama used to always say.

i pushed nia away before running out the room and outside.

i ran, without knowing where i was going. i picked up speed as my bare feet hit the concrete making them burn but i didn't stop.

The wind blew my hair back as i ran.