chapter 1: The Eagle

The crows surrounded me In a heap as I screamed trying to fight them off.

"Please! No!"

I tried to run but someone pulled at my feet making me fall.

Then in one big flash all the crows disappeared all except one bird, an eagle.

It's little head crowded my vision as it stared into my eyes going from black to a dark brown.

And It's face turning into a boy's face.

My eyes opened to complete silence. I sigh getting up and grabbing the water and towel from my nightstand.

I had been having this same dream ever since I was 11 and it seemed to not be leaving anytime soon. So over the years I had got used to it.

I used to wake up crying and screaming with my mom holding me as I cried,my mom saying "my jorja, my sweet sweet jorja"

But that was before and a lot has changed. My mom died when I was 13 years old and now it was just me and my grandma and little sister nia. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and took a large gulp of water attempting to cool down.

Getting up from my bed I checked the time on the clock in the room.

I looked down at my Sister who was laying out on the floor.

I shook her trying to wake her up but failing.

"Nia, love you got to get up."

She pushed my hand off mumbling a "why?" In the process.

"You know why." I said continuing to shake her.

"Okay okay I'm up" she said stretching and yawning.

"I am so glad tomorrow is my day to sleep in the bed."

I got up from my crouched position. " be ready in 5."

I walked out the room heading to the bathroom.

Turning the sink on I grabbed a small towel and began lathering it with soap.

Stripping out of my clothes I began to clean myself standing up.

After I was done I dried off with a towel and went into my dresser drawer putting on a old shirt that had a couple holes in it and a pair of jeans.

Putting on my army jacket and busted shoes I walked over to nias room to see if she was dressed.

" I need to get you some new clothes." I said sitting down on our mattress.

"No jorja I have plenty of clothes, your the one who needs clothes."

I rolled my eyes. "no my nia it's not about me."

She frowned looking down at the floor. " you sound like mom, I miss her..."

" not now nia were going to be late let's go."
She grabbed her backpack following me out the room and outside.

We then began our journey to the place no one ever wants to go to. School.

We walked for 30 minutes before reaching the high school/middle school.

Walking into the school,"now Remember nia, you know who you are. Nothing anyone here says matters."

"I know" she mumbled with her head down.