"Mom was afraid of the vampire king taking us, why?" I questioned, recalling how when my mother first returned she would have nightmares and then the one I was in with the vampire king. 

"No idea," Lola said while everyone else tried thinking. 

"She has these nightmares, nothing I've ever seen before but the vampire king was able to physically hurt both of us," I explained, not wanting to explain the dreams that I've had with the girl named Becca or that I've seen Dana before. 

"There's a theory that I've been thinking of, it's far fetched but it could mean something," Dustin whispered. We all turned to him, curious with what he would say. Lola clutched her legs while glaring at Dustin. 

"Don't bring up that stupid theory again," Lola warned. Miles, Paxton, and I were all curious with what could have happened between them. 

"Why? I had dreams about my mate Coral growing up, long before I ever met her. I had different dreams of the ocean and the two of us being shot at. You have no idea how terrified I was when I had the dream with her tail bleeding and then watching it come true!" Dustin yelled. My eyes widened as I recalled harming Coral, who I never knew at the time but was my brother's mate. 

"Dreams? What do dreams have to do with all this?" Miles questioned, unsure what some imaginary thing would have to do with the real world. 

"If our mother has them than it must mean something. I had them when I was younger, but mine are over with. Lola has always been haunted by hers, but they haven't happened yet," Dustin explained. I looked at Lola with wide eyes as she glared at Dustin. 

"Mine was in the past, it means nothing now," Lola whispered the last part. She turned away from everyone else and made no moves of turning back around. 

"Have you guys ever had them?" Dustin questioned Miles and Paxton, who both shook their heads no. 

"Hazel?" Dustin questioned me. I looked at him with a blank face and shook my head no, not wanting to reveal anything about my dreams. 

"The only one I had was where the Kelpie tried trapping me," I explained. Dustin shook his head while deep in thought. 

"There must be something in our DNA that makes us different if our cousins don't even have it," Dustin said. I looked at him as if he was crazy, and then I realized that I still refer to Paxton and Miles as my brothers. I just grew up with only them by my side, and I'm not sure if I could leave them just yet. 

"You think that's why the vampire king would want us?" I questioned, trying to make sense of everything. I never thought of that, but if there is something different in our blood stream, then it would make the vampire king want us more. 

"Never thought of that, but probably. It actually might explain why mom and dad took us into hiding," Dustin said. Lola turned around, listening to the conversation we were having while I stayed quiet, not wanting to say anything else. 

"We need to get back home, it's been a long night," Lola explained. 

"Agreed, who knows what waits for us tomorrow," I explained while getting up and showing no pain. My shoulder was still hurting but I didn't dare let that show on my face. 

We traveled back home, without any issues this time. It had to be around three in the morning before we finally all climbed back into our own rooms safely. 

Dana was having a nightmare and was whimpering before I pulled her closer to me and just hugged her. I don't know how, but she instantly calmed down and showed a smile. 

I looked at my wounded shoulder, unsure of what the vampire king wants with us, and what could possibly be in our blood streams that makes everyone else want us. Something wasn't adding up and those dreams of Becca are not good.