As soon as we arrive, like usual, they just run towards the playground. I see Dolly walking to follow them. At least she's here. I'm just too tired, to be honest, because I had tonnes of work and meetings earlier. Just when I want to walk to the bench, someone just stops me by standing in front of me. I look to see who it is and see Elijah, who is in his Armani suit, standing with a smile on his face.

"What are you doing here? Are you following me?" I hissed at him, and he just looked at me like he was mesmerising my face.

"Alexa, baby, do you think I'll stop and sit silently in New York?" I told you that I would make you mine again. I know I need to work three times harder to get you, and that's what I'm doing now." He said.

"Can you do me a favour?" I ask him, and he nods his head.

"Stop. Appearing. In. Front. Of. Me." I said that, and he shook his head when I said that.

"I can't do that, honey. Sorry." I huff, and then Gabriel and Gabriella come running towards me.

"Mommy, we're thirsty." They said. "Let's go and buy water." I hold their hands and try to walk away.

"Can I go with you guys?" Elijah asks, and the twins turn around to see him. "Kind uncle!" Gabriella takes her hand from my grip and runs towards Elijah. She hugs him, and Elijah carries her. She seems to like Elijah so much. I sighed and had no other option but to let Elijah come with us.

What if she knows that he is her father? what her reaction will be?

I know she's still a little kid, but my children are so smart. They can even talk in proper sentences sometimes. Their paediatrician said it is normal for a kid who is three years old to actually speak clearly, but that's a rare case.

Many thoughts are running through my mind right now.

"Let's go," I said, holding Gabriel's hand while Gabriella was in Elijah's arm. Suddenly, I feel like we're a family. That's disgusting to think of. I look at Dolly, who has been silent since she saw Elijah. Dolly looks uncomfortable, and I think if she can, she wants to run away from here right away. I look at her weirdly and just walk to the McDonald's that is not too far from the park.

I queue to buy the food and drinks while Elijah and the twins just find an empty seat for us. Dolly just stood beside me, looking uncomfortable. "Dolly, are you okay? You look uncomfortable." I ask her.

"I'm okay, Ms." I know she's lying because if not, she wouldn't be stuttering like that. "You better tell me what it is, Dolly. You're so not good at lying." I said, and she looked at me.

"Ummm, can I ask you one question, Ms?" I nodded my head.

"Who is Elijah to you?" I look at Elijah, who is playing with the twins, and then look at Dolly back. "Well, I tell you this because you've worked with me for like over a year already. So I think you have to know about it. Well, to be honest, he's the father of my children. We were both once in love and got married, but we got divorced three years ago." I explained it to her, and she looked a bit shocked.

"What about you? How do you know him? As long as I remembered, I never told you about him, not even his name." I ask her. It is not weird since Elijah always appears in the news and everything. Dolly probably knows him from there. "Dolly?" I ask again since she seems to daze out for a bit.

"He was my one-night stand like a few months ago." My eyes widen when she says that. one-night stand? "I didn't know how to say this, and it is uncomfortable since, as you know, you and he used to be in a relationship. I hang out with my friends at the club in LA, and he happened to be there too. I was so drunk that time and just hooked up with him, and we ended up doing that." She adds.

I just stay silent until it's our turn to order. When we take our seats, I sit next to Dolly while the twins sit beside Elijah. He didn't even look awkward or anything. I think he didn't even remember Dolly since he slept with so many women. We just eat in silence, but thanks to the twins, the aura is not awkward because they keep talking about the cartoon and all.

*****

Right now, I'm in bed, and it's already nearly midnight. Today was tiring, but yeah, at least it's fun to spend time with my children. Suddenly, my mind remembered what Dolly had said to me earlier. She was his one-night stand, and I didn't know it.

Elijah never changes. If he truly wants me back, he won't do that, and that only happened a few months ago. His pervert and manwhore attitude are still there in his body, and I don't think that can be removed from him.

I shake my head from the thought and look at my phone. There are a few messages from Elijah. I sighed because he never had enough to disturb me. I opened it.

I hope you can tell Gabriel and Gabriella soon about my real identity.

I want to build a happy family with all three of you.

I know you're not sleeping yet. I hope when you read this, you can consider it. I still love you.

I look at the messages for a few seconds before closing them. Do I have to tell Gabriel and Gabriella this soon? What if they can't accept all this? But if I don't tell them, they will hate me if they know about this when they are old enough. Should I tell them or not?

I look blankly at the wall and think about it. Maybe I should tell them about this because, no matter how much I hate Elijah, he is still the father of the twins, and they also hold Elijah's last name, Perkins. Even though I wasn't with him, I want my children to know who their dad is. That's it.

_________________________________________________________

How's chapter 10?

Vote

Comments

Share

*****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins