Chapter 10

I turned around faster than you could say 'what'.

I was hoping to see Apollo, or maybe even Hades. But no. Instead I see my good ol father. I let out an audible sigh and turned back around. I started scooching slowly toward the 2 ladies.

Athena, meanwhile was looking between me and  my Barnacle butt father. Her eyes widened and her mouth fell open into an O.

Artemis, however, was looking between Athena and my fish-faced father. She wasn't smiling, but amusement danced in her moon-like eyes.

My Dolphin of a dad was glaring at Athena and Artemis with all his might. I wondered briefly why he was mad at them.

I continued scooching over to Artemis and Athena. Maybe, maybe, if I made it all the way to the ladies, I would be able to run without my "dad" noticing.

I was right. My "dad",  Artemis and Athena were so busy staring at each other, that they didn't notice me sneaking away.  I stood up and started running away. Even though my feet made loud thuds as I ran, they still didn't notice me leaving.

I retraced my steps as I ran, so I ended up in the same room that everyone was fighting in earlier. After a moment I realized it was also the same room Mr. Lightning tried to smite me in. The one with all the giant chairs. I looked down the row of giant chairs and noticed one of them was occupied. It was not occupied by a giant though. Just a normal sized man. Suddenly I recognized him to be Apollo. He looked very distraught.

"Apollo? Are you OK?" 

Apollo looked up. When his eyes fell on me his face split into a wide grin.

"Yes I'm fine. I am so glad you came back!"

"Huh? What do you mean 'came back'?" I asked.

"When you ran away, everyone started fighting, and for some reason they blamed me. Everyone always blames everything on me! They told me that you would probably never come back and it was all my fault. Then they told me to stay here while they conducted a search for you." He explained hurriedly. I nodded to show I had understood him.

Just then I heard about 5 pairs of feet running towards us. My eyes widened and so did Apollo's.

"That's probably your father, and company." He said to me. My eyes widened even farther. I didn't want to see my "dad". He would probably just call me a mistake again. Apollo must have guessed how I was feeling. He jumped down from his giant chair and ran over to me. He scooped me up and sat me down on his chair. Immediately I felt power course through me. It felt as if I would explode from the unknown energy coming from this chair. Just as he jumped up to join me, 5 people came running into the room. I recognized them all. It was Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Mr. Lightning and my father. At the sight of my dad, I hid behind Apollo. I didn't want that barnacle butt to see me.

I soon realized that was a mistake, because now I couldn't see what was going on. Naturally, now that I couldn't see what was going on, everyone started talking in the strange language. It sounded like everyone was angry with each other, but not in a loud way, it was more of a  'I will kill you later' way. It actually sounded very civilized, besides the frustrated tone in everyone's voice. No one was talking over anyone else, no one was yelling, and no one was verbally disagreeing with one another, though that might be because I didn't understand the language.  I tugged on Apollo's shirt. The power coming from the chair was overwhelming and I wanted to get off. I also wanted to know what was going on. I felt him shift his weight and it though I heard him mutter, 'not yet cuz' , but that could have been my imagination.

All of a sudden, everything went silent. Dead silent. I felt as though everyone was staring at me, even though I was hiding behind Apollo.

Finally, someone spoke,

"Are you hiding something Apollo?"

I felt Apollo's body tense, and his voice came out sounding nervous,

"No, why would you think that father?"

A feminine voice scoffed,

"The god of truth, unable to lie."

"But I'm not lying?" Apollo questioned, practically giving away his lie with just his tone of voice.

Finally, I couldn't take it. The chair was making me feel like I was going to explode.  I poked Apollo sharply in the back. He jumped and yelped,

"Oi, what was that for?"

His statement was followed by silence. Not even a bird chirped. The sudden silence surprised me, even thought I should have seen it coming. I held perfectly still, not even daring to take a breath. Something told me that if I made any noise I would be big trouble. Just as couldn't hold my breath any longer and was about to breathe in, Apollo broke the silence by coughing awkwardly.

"So, why did you do that?" He tried to sound casual, but it wasn't very convincing. It was clear no one in the room knew what he was talking about. I poked him in the back again, but this time I did it softer. He flinched, but not very noticeably. At least that's what I thought until an authoritative male voice spoke and said,

"What's behind your back, son?" Apollo sighed. I guess he knew there was no way out of this. He turned around in his seat and scooped me up. I didn't want Apollo to get in trouble, but I didn't want to get in trouble either, so I curled up into a tiny Percy-ball and buried my face in my knees. At least this way I didn't have to look at my dad.  I heard some sighs of relief, some sighs in general, and one exasperated 'Ugh, Apollo'. As I was placed on the ground, I sighed of relief myself. Now I was off the chair and didn't feel like I would explode. But I did feel faint. I uncurled myself and turned towards Apollo, whom I trusted very much. He met my eyes and I felt as thing I was being X-rayed. I saw his eye widen and he stood up very suddenly. He rushed towards me, but was stopped by my dad, who yelled,

"You stay away from my son!"

Apollo looked frantic, and yelled back at my father,

"But he's about to faint!"

And before I could process what he had said, I tipped over in a dead faint.

The word count is 1200. I am sorry I took forever to update. I feel truly awful. :(

Did you like this chapter? Do you want me to continue this story? I am sorry the Dursleys are not in it yet, I hope that's not too disappointing.

Thank you so much for reading my story! I can't tell you how happy I am when I see my reads have gone up! Thanks again. Bye!