SatS - Chapter 12: Shattered

Start from the beginning

"Barnes!".

"Pup!" I screamed, trying to bring her into control as I grasped her tight as Spade had once done for me as I had lashed out in a similar manner. But I know it is useless. Watching someone you care for... it can set anyone alight.

"No!" She screamed again, thrashing in my arms.

But I can't let go. No matter how much I feel like I should, remember how I felt when I had watched her form fade.

No! This is not like them. I thought as I pulled myself out of the sinking quicksand of my mind and into the present.

The boy will be fine. Swift will be fine. I shall make sure of it.

"I need to help him!" She screeched, but I tightened my grip.

Time shall not repeat itself, especially not this early.

"Pup!" I said, "You must calm down"

"No!"She repeated.

She too lost right now...I thought with a grunt as she elbowed me. Best to get her away so I can make him pay.

I watched the tears fall freely from her eyes with bitterness.

She won't lose him, not like I lost Jess. I will make sure of that. Even if I couldn't be her hero, I can be Swift's.

"Jack!" I called as he came close enough "Get her out of here!"

"Right!" he said, without a second thought.

"No!" she repeated in protests as Jack grabbed hold of my arm "Barnes!"

The anguish in her tone bit at my heart.

Don't worry pup, I will get your friend to safety. I will be the hero you see me as.

"Come on Swift! We must Run!".

I faced the Serpent, sword drawn as I jumped into action.

"No s-s-so fas-s-s-st!" the snake cried as he shot towards me, but at the last moment, his direction shifted.

No...

"Spade! Pup!" I screamed as I gained my footing, turning to dig my spelled sword into his side to slow him down or anything. It barely made a dent, making my actions useless.

I watched in horror as it knocked them both around.

No...

Swift tumbled to a stop in front of me.

No...

The snake hissed in satisfaction.

Swift tried to get up but failed. She went completely still.

Adrenaline filled me, consuming me. And along with it came that long-suppressed feeling.

But this time I didn't push it back.

I have to be her hero. I have to make that serpent pay and get her out of here. And to do that I can't hold myself back.

I let the shift take over.

"W-what is going on?" the snake hissed in confusion as I curled over, letting my body go through the age-old motions as fur sprouted and senses heightened.

Jack laughed almost bitterly.

"Congratulations! You shattered the man and awoke the dormant wolf!"

a/n:  ahh I have finally caught up! Now I shall be sure to be posting one chapter a day!... and we shall see how long that lasts :P

I hope you enjoyed this chapter - sorry if my writing seems too choppy sometimes, I am going back over from time to time but when having to write one or more chapter every day it becomes difficult.

Plus I have uni work to get a hold on  :P

anyway, please do check out the video below and tell me what you think of the art!

and if you like it to be sure to like and maybe even subscribe! I have so many ideas for future art, some original and some fan art, many involving stories one way or another 

As for now, I shall leave you to t! See you tomorrow for another chapter and artwork, as well as another chapter of  'just the beginning'