3. Sunday Morning News

As the summer days started cooling and autumn approached, the feeling of dread in Albus' stomach grew larger, tossing and turning inside of him and threatening to fill his whole body with the dark and murky feeling. While many people loved autumn, with the changing leaves, cosy jumpers and the nearing holidays, Albus hated the season because it meant only one thing to him: Back to school. This feeling came to him at the same time for the past five years since he started at Hogwarts and it never got any easier.

He sat up in his bed, unable to sleep, absentmindedly picking at his chipping black nail polish while staring out the window opposite him, thinking about the impending day of departure. In just three days time he would be starting his sixth year at Hogwarts, aka the year his father began to discover Voldemorts Horcruxes and first got together with Albus' mum. Every year, he was reminded of his father's triumphs when he was his age. Whether it was through family, classmates, teachers, magazines, or books, there was always something boasting his father's legacy.

A legacy that Albus could never live up to.

In fact, his years at Hogwarts had been the opposite of glorious. He never fought dark wizards, or won huge tournaments, or travelled in time to save someone.

No, his school life consisted of embarrassing himself in front of his classmates, performing subpar magic, and becoming the laughing stock of the Potter family. He was constantly disappointing people by not living up to expectations of the Potter name. In his first year, he displayed his lack of Quidditch skills to the dismay of the Holyhead Harpies fans. And he let down his teachers by showing little skill in charms, transfiguration, defence against the dark arts, and just about every other class that required a wand.

Meanwhile, the other Potter children excelled in school.

James Sirius Potter lived up to his namesakes, causing mayhem around the castle as the school troublemaker, while still managing to remain at the top of his class. He was entering his final year as a talented student, one of the most popular Gryffindors, and the captain of the Quidditch team. If it weren't for his rambunctious side, he would have been a shoo-in for Head Boy. He not only exceeded expectations in charms class--even managing to create his own new spells--he also charmed the girls, never seen without his arm around a new girl every year. He'd spent the majority of his summer, exchanging sappy love letters with a Ravenclaw bird he'd wooed in the last term.

Lily Luna, who was now entering her fourth year at Hogwarts, had been sorted into Gryffindor within seconds. She became one of the most beloved students in school, praised by every teacher, friend of every student, and even liked by every creature in and around the school grounds. She'd followed in her father's footsteps as the Gryffindor seeker, making the team the previous year. She developed a love for Care of Magical Creature and Herbology, and became a teacher's pet, much like her aunt Hermione. Her summer had been filled with non-stop plans with friends, still managing to find time to read almost every book on the shelves.

Finally, after a sleepless night, Albus finally rose for breakfast. He threw on a black t-shirt over her bare chest before heading downstairs to the awaiting smell of toast and sausage.

Despite only being half eight in the morning, the Potter family was as lively as ever. Harry fixed breakfast on the hob, watching over the frying pan as he poured glasses of juice across the kitchen with a flick of his wand. At the kitchen table, Ginny flipped through the Daily Prophet,  wrapped up in her dressing gown, sipping her second cup of tea. Beside her, Lily was already dressed and ready for the day as she scribbled out a letter to one of her many friends. Her brown and black speckled horned owl, Luella, perched on her shoulder, waiting for her next journey. Finally, James lounged with his feet on the chair across from his, using his wand to transfigure a muffin into various other objects and small animals.