<7>

a/n: there's some fantasy (as in mythical creatures and other stuff) which exists in this book, pls don't call me out for making this unrealistic, that's how it's supposed to be haha
------

i rushed into the infirmary as soon as i heard wheein's screech. she knelt on the floor, crying her eyes out. impish creatures which looked like mini horned gargoyles climbed all over her and started scratching and chewing on her.

the lights started flickering on at rapid speed.

"what the hell?!" minghao screamed.

he pulled one off but it attacked him instead. it clawed his hands until he let go, then the impish creature jumped back on wheein and aimed for her face.

"wheein!" i screamed.

i ran forward to help wheein.
but then i realised,

it was the punishment, wasn't it?

that means there wasn't really any way to save her. they would torment her forever, until she was dead. it was truly a scary thought. although i knew that already, i still went forward to help wheein, but i couldn't do much with my current strength.

jun was trying to contain some of the creatures under his jacket while jihyo was pulling more off with minghao. hoshi couldn't really do anything in his state and it seemed like he was still a bit sick.

i took a scapel from a trolley. maybe i can kill these things. i grabbed onto one of the grey creatures and stabbed the scapel into its skin. the scapel bounced off, like it was hitting stone. it leaped up against my face and i screamed a string of curses and blocked my face.

we really couldn't kill those things, but we didn't want to just sit around and do nothing and watch wheein die a slow and painful death. we just kept fighting the creatures even though our efforts were futile. wheein was sadly going to die eventually. her face and ears were already bleeding and her skin was tearing off.

"NO! STOP IT!" wheein screamed. the creatures were attacking her neck.

she let out a high-pitched scream but was abruptly cut off. one of the creatures scratched into her neck.

we all held our breaths.

all the evil beings rushed to her and clutched onto her limbs. a dark portal seemed to open below the ground and she was brought below into... nothingness.

the lights stayed on, letting us see each others' terrified faces.

we all stared at the corner where a blood pool had collected. jihyo collapsed onto her knees and started crying. minghao and jun went over to her and pat her on the back comforting her. they were probably about to tell her that it was okay, but it clearly was not.

only jihyo's disappearing sobs filled the room. i crawled over and gave her a hug as she rested her head on my shoulder. "hey, kira," jun asked.

i looked at him with little emotion. only one day passed and... too much happened. "where's dino? and where's that kid? jaebum."

"u-uh..." i gulped. shit, this is not good.

"what were you doing outside?" minghao gave me a glare. they were starting to get suspicious.

"did you do anything to them?" jun frowned, pulling jihyo away from me.

he slowly got up, along with the rest. soonyoung sat up. i looked at all of them. they were clearly misunderstanding me.

"listen - i don't know what happened clearly, but i think, dino pushed j-jaebum off the parapet."

"no more of your bullshit, he wouldn't do that." jun scoffed.