<3>

third person pov

"they're so foolish~"

she stared at the two dead bodies in front of her, face full of pain and stained with tears.

"i'll be taking this," she whispered to the dead teacher as she slipped the teacher's id card off her neck.

she walked out briskly and made sure no one saw her. she followed her sharp sense of direction and she ended up at where she was heading to. the announcment room.

she tapped the id card on the card sensor and pulled open the door. in front of her was a small room that was stuffy and old, a chair, a panel of buttons and a standing mic in the center. she locked the door behind her and walked forward to the panel. she sat on the somewhat uncomfortable chair but it didn't bother her much.

she scanned through the colourful buttons and pressed the one she thought meant to start the announcement. it sent a bell throughout the school that resonated clearly. she spoke in the mic but realised there was no sound produced. "where is the stupid thing..." she looked side to side and pressed a button on top of the one she just pressed.

there was shrill feedback and she winced. "well shit, that wasn't it either," she muttered.

she sighed and pressed a red square button. "hello, students of cheonsa high."

her voice was clear and she was sure everyone was paying attention after the terrible sound of feedback. she gulped. she had to sound serious to get the students to take her seriously. while most of her humanity was gone, her sense of boredom was still around. she didn't want this to fail, obviously. if it failed, she'd have to do everything herself. if it succeeded, she would just have to sit back and watch things unfold. she didn't want to get killed in the process of the dirty work, though. otherwise her soul would be trapped forever.

"i'll go straight to the point. all of you... are locked in this school." as she said that in the mike, her lips curled up into a sinister smile.

"so, i thought, poor you guys! must be really boring, no? so, i made a game specially for all of you to play! would you like to hear it?"

she didn't pause for response.

"of course you do."

"here are the rules: every night, while you sleep in this school, you will have a dream. a gruesome dream of someone getting killed. whoever you dream of, you are to kill. if you fail to do so, you will die. in this game, the law is kill or be killed."

in the classrooms, everyone was panicking. some screamed, some laughed it off like it was just some sick joke.

"don't ask how severe your deatth would be, you'll find out. if you wish, you may kill people who you do not dream of. however, whoever was supposed to kill that person would instead kill you. if you do not dream on any night, it means that you need not kill anyone. but it also means that something is after you. escaping the campus and suicide are strictly forbidden."

"one last thing... at the end of every game, there must be a prize, right? so, whoever survives until the end... will be able to escape this school. alive. if i'm pleased, i might release a few more of you."

all the students were confused. so, so confused. some of them didn't believe a single word, others already scared out of their skin and their teachers told them that the announcement was just nonsense. hence they tried continuing their lesson, but the announcement was honestly too loud. one teacher from a second year class had went to the announcement room to check on the situation.

knock, knock

mira turned around. adults. what a nuisance. she thought of an idea. she turned back to the microphone and stroked the thin stem of the mic.

"here's a little head start."

she snapped her fingers.

a red slit illuminated on every school staffs' throat and opened the skin, blood pouring out of the wound. they all dropped dead on the floor, leaving every student frozen in shock. in fear. many shouts and screams were heard amongst the students, some trying to run out of their classrooms. the door slid shut just inches in front of their noses, locking them all in.

2-3 classroom
a boy suddenly stood up and grabbed up a penknife. with bulging eyes filled with fear, he turned around, looking at his fellow classmates wearily, gripping onto his penknife so tightly his palms were tainted with blood. his breathing was heavy as he spoke, "i-i don't want to die! don't come close to me, i will kill all of you! i will be the one to live!"

his classmate, sitting an aisle away him, stood up. "jaebum, calm down."

"SHUT UP JINYOUNG! DON'T COME CLOSER!"

the boy continued walking forward, raising his hands up, trying to coax him into calming down.

"the rest of the game is for all of you to find out. you have 12 hours to find and kill your target. after that, you can say goodbye to your feeble soul. the game ends in 28 days. happy killing! or, happy living. now, everyone,

"go to sleep."

her voice echoed through the building.

at the same time, jaebum had raised his penknife at the poor boy, jinyoung, who had only cared for him, and aimed for his skull. jinyoung squeezed his eyes close, awaiting his death, knowing it would be too late to escape. a second passed.

five seconds passed.

fifteen seconds passed.

jinyoung looked up at jaebum whose hand was still clutching the penknife. jaebum wobbled for a moment, eyes slightly rolled back. then he stumbled backwards. his hands relaxed and dropped into its normal position and released the blood-stained knife. then jaebum fell onto the floor, knocked out, along with some of his other classmates.

jinyoung crouched next to jaebum, just checking on him. "he was acting so strange..." jinyoung mumbled. then a wave of drowsiness hit him. he struggled to keep his eyes open, but eventually he gave in. he fell next to jaebum, falling asleep with the rest of his class.

------
a/n:
update at 1am! i hope this update makes sense bc my mind usually doesnt function well at this time
this chapter is mainly the rules, and intro of 203! to make this story simpler i reduced the classes to 6 classes per year. (i assume that there are normally more than 6 classes per year)
i might make a list of which groups are in which classes soon~
for now i hope you like this chapter!