Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"I can't believe it Professor, say it isn't true! Tell me that Miss Hope isn't connected to Phantom R!" Luke shouted grabbing the Professor's shirt.

"I'm not sure Luke, it could just be a coincidence an there could be a very logical reason behind how she knew what Phantom R took." The Professor explained calmly.

"Okay." Luke said. "Should we go look for Phantom R too, Professor?"

"Yes we should. We might see Miss Hope and Miss Vergier while we are searching. As well I would like to find Mr. Wright. There is something I want to take a look at as long as he still has the evidence from Miss Hope's case." The Professor explained.

"Why Professor?" Luke questioned.

"The note was hand written and I want to compare the report she filed to the note." The Professor explained.

"Good luck, Professor. I want you to find that Detective Hope isn't an accomplice of Phantom R, for Charlotte's sake. They are best friends after all. I'm going back to the constabulary now, goodbye." Inspector Vergier said walking away.

"Lets go Professor, we need to see Mr. Wright." Luke smiled.

----------------------------------------------------

"So we're going back to the Constabulary to report how Phantom R broke in and what he stole?" Lana asked Charlie, who was several footsteps in front of her.

"Yep." Charlie grinned.

"I wonder if I'll get demoted, because I changed the note?" Lana shuddered at the thought of being a constable that is ordered around more then a detective is.

"No you won't. You'll probably be made to do over time and examine lots of useful information incase you get a case." Charlie explained. "You would need to find really good evidence for the trial."

"Yeah I hope so." Lana replied entering the Constabulary and walking Down corridors which had newspaper clippings pinned to boards.

Upon entering her office Lana realised that her office hadn't been cleaned for a while. Papers were scattered on top of her mahogany desk and books stacked up against the bookshelf that reached the ceiling, she sighed. She knew she would have to organise the room soon or it would just get more messy and more to tidy. Reaching out for a book she realised that she had no time for tidying. There was something important that she needed to do. However, Charlie was in the room and she needed to make a private phone call. Lana walked to her office door and placed her hand on the door handle. Just as she was about to open the door the door swung open, with a great amount of force, and pushed Lana backwards, only to fall in a neatly stacked pile of books. The books tumbled down onto her and buried her alive.

"Lana!" Charlie shouted rushing over to the pile of books.

"Detective, you have a case." Inspector Vergier called from the door way.

"A case, sir?" Lana answered moving the books out of the way so she could see.

"Yes." Inspector Vergier replied throwing the case file down onto the table.

"Who's the suspect?" Lana questioned standing up and walking to the desk, and opening the case file. "No way. He would never commit a crime."

"Who is the suspect, Lana?" Charlie asked.

Lana gulped. "The Professor."