27: The Nameless Bird

"You sure it's okay Jen?" Lisa asked the moment she took her seat in their chosen table

"You sure it's okay Jen?" Lisa asked the moment she took her seat in their chosen table. They're currently in a fine-dining restaurant, situated near a five-star hotel at the County Proper. Jennie was the one who chose the place, saying it'll give them privacy.

One thing's for sure though, the four of them are underdressed, especially her who's only wearing the extra clothes from her locker.

"I bet my sister's even anticipating this. She's been waiting for this moment, trust me," Jennie assured as the waiter asked if they're ready to order. "Give us fruit juice for now please, we're waiting for someone," Jen politely smiled, causing the said waiter to smile back and nod at her before walking away.

"How are you feeling Liz? You sure you want to do this now? Shouldn't you take some rest first?" Jisoo worriedly asked, earning a grateful smile from Lisa.

"I'm okay Jisoo-yah, I just want this to end once and for all," she began before taking a deep breath. "I'm just worried about something.."

"What is it Liz?" Rosé asked with a frown.

"Am I being selfish? I mean, my family chose to hide everything from me because of whatever reason they had. But here I am, doing everything to know it all."

"Lisa-yah," her bestfriend ㅡ who's seated across her ㅡ drawled, reaching for her hand, "it's not being selfish. It's being brave and finally having courage to face it all."

Lisa smiled at each one of them before changing the topic, "you haven't told us what happened to you and Junhoe, Ro," she said squeezing Rosé's hand.

The girl smiled bitterly, "it ended before it even started," she simply said, earning confused gazes from her friends. There was a momentary pause as the waiter came back with their drinks before he left again and Rosé could finally resume.

"We were supposed to have a date again a week after the first one," she began. "I thought we became closer than ever because we kept chatting and calling each other, we even did video calls sometimes. But he didn't show up and that's it... he just disappeared."

"Oh Ro..." Lisa muttered sadly, "I know he's sorry. Based on the stories you told me about him, I know he's a good guy and I'm sure he has a reason for it."

Rosé scoffed, shaking her head, "what reason then? He just left me hanging Liz, he didn't even say goodbye."

"It's needed to be done Rosé," Jisoo suddenly said, causing the three to turn to her. Lisa was immediately reminded of Tzuyu's words ㅡ Bobby having feelings for Jisoo. Is this about that? "Cardinals are like that, as much as possible they have to stop themselves from being in a serious relationship."