Chapter 4: Together.

Third Person's POV

Harry was the first one to pull away from the kiss. Hermione was obviously disappointed and confused, but she was desperately trying to hide it.

Harry rested his head on his hands, his hands making his hair even messier.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." said Harry, still not looking at Hermione.

Hermione smiled and put her arms around him, Harry looked up and his eyes widen.

"It's okay, Harry." said Hermione. "Harry, can I tell you something?"

"...Sure. What is it?"

"Harry, I fancy you. I like you, actually, more than like... I love you. i think this started in our second year, i just - felt something for you. And it's so dumb of me to realize it just now."

Harry stared at Hermione, lost for words. He felt happy and surprised at the same time.

"..'Mione, I love you too, since the first time I laid eyes on you. I like you more than you can ever imagine." Harry finally replied with a huge smile plastered on his face.

Hermione felt so much joy upon hearing those words. She smiled widely and gave Harry a peck on the cheek.

"Wait, so are we together now..?" Hermione asked slowly, looking at him.

Harry grinned and nodded.

"Wait, do we keep this a secret? I mean, everyone would absolutely–Wait, what about Ron? What do you think will his reaction be? Do you–"

"Lady, you talk too much." Harry interrupts, putting his finger on her lips to shut her up.

Hermione blushed, feeling embarrassed.

"We keep this a secret. For now." said Harry, smirking.

Hermione nodded, still too embarrassed to say anything.

"Come on, let's go inside." Harry held her hands and ran inside.

Back at the common room...

"Lavender, I..."

"What is it, Won-Won?" Ron looked at her seriously and looked down.

"Lavender, let's break-up." he said, still looking at the ground. He felt guilty but he needed to stop this.

"What?! Won-Won, you're joking, right?"

"I'm sorry, Lavender." he said, not looking at her. "I just. . . Don't feel anything for you anymore."

"What do you mean?? We were just kissing on the couch-"

"I know, i just- wanted to check if there were still a spark. But, there wasn't." Ron said, "i'm sorry."

"It's because of Hermione isn't it?"

Ron didn't say anything. Lavender had tears in her eyes.

She slowly nodded and ran out of the common room.

Back to Harry and Hermione...

"Harry, let's go back to the common room." Hermione said and grabbed Harry's hand.

As they were about to enter the common room, Lavender came out of the common room, she was in tears and she ran away.

Harry and Hermione looked at each other, they slowly entered the common room and saw Ron standing near the fireplace, gazing at the fire.

"Ron?" Harry said.

Ron looked at them and fake-smiled.

"Hello."

"Ron, we saw Lavender running, she was crying. What happened?" asked Hermione.

"We broke nup, 'Mione."

Harry and Hermione gasped.

"What? But, just like 20 minutes ago, you guys were kissing on that very same couch!" Harry exclaimed, surprised.

Ron looked down and sighed.

"I... I'm going to go rest. See you two later at dinner." he said quietly. He went up the stairs to the boys' dormitories.

"Hermione, I think he still likes you. That's why they broke up." harry says, turning to Hermione..

"No, Harry. That's not true." she denied before and took a book from the book shelves before sitting on the couch. She started reading the book she picked.

Harry sighed as he sat next to her. She immediatelu rested her head on Harry's shoulder as she read.

"I love you, Harry." Hermione muttered. Even though they have been dating for only about twenty minutes, she's always loved Harry.

"I love you too, 'Mione." He says with a smile.