BONUS CHAPTER #2

CONQUERING FEARS: NEVILLE/NUNA

"Neville, you're going to have to try," Harry says softly while Neville just shakes his head stubbornly.

"Merlin, Harry, remember when we were on our first year? I fell from the sky while riding that bloody thing!" he argues, while the rest of his friends try to hold back their laughter.

They were all on the field, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Dean, Seamus, Luna and Ron. They were trying to get Neville to ride a broom because he can't leave Hogwarts without riding one, of course.

"Oh come on, Neville, it's our last year in Hogwarts and you still haven't even rode a broom yet! It's a Firebolt, Neville, it's the best broom ever, I assure you it would be brilliant."

"You can do it Neville!" Luna cheers softly, while Ron's arms were wrapped around her. Neville would've been happy hearing Luna cheer for him, but seeing that Ron was with her again, he instead frowned.

Neville glanced at his cheering friends before sighing and turning back to Harry. "Fine. But just this once."

"Excellent!" All of his friends shout and he grabs the broom from Harry. With a heavy heart, he places the broom in between his legs, nervous to fly for the first- no, second time.

He takes a deep breath before kicking his legs and his breath hitched as he goes higher and higher. He glanced back at the ground and gulps nervously. He sees Luna cheering for him, and for some reason, this gives him a boost of confidence. He smiles a bit before flying around in circles, it actually wasn't that bad.

It felt amazing, actually, Neville feels satisfied as the cold air hits his face gently, it was a nice feeling. And now he knew why Harry and his other friends wanted him to ride a broom.

And, considering that this broom was the best broom, Firebolt, it was much faster and it was much more amazing, he cheered as he went even more faster, his friends laughing at him.

Once he was done enjoying, he lands on the ground neatly, making all of his friends cheer while he grins in satisfaction.

And his eyes widen a bit as a pair of arms wrap around him quickly, he realised it was Luna and he turned a bit red and smiled awkwardly.

"Good job, Neville! I'm proud of you!" Luna says happily before pulling away and skipping back to her boyfriend, Ron, whose eyes were narrowed at Neville.

And soon, all of them went inside, they were all happy. Except for Neville, who, once he saw Luna give Ron a peck on the cheeks to calm him down, he immediately felt dull and lonely.

Because sadly, the girl he fancies belonged to someone else.