Chapter 3

Chapter 3

If you had spent years building walls, building them so high to protect yourself, how would you feel if someone broke them down piece by piece? Slowly letting the light shine through and dust the cobwebs away, bringing you out of the bubble you had created to keep you away from being harmed by others thoughtless actions.

More recent then not she felt like an image in a colouring booking, waiting for someone to add some colour to her life and set her free from the black and white image. Without admitting it, she was a mess, going through the motions of repercussions of her actions.

Snapped from her thoughts her oldest brother walked into the room, he sat by her and said nothing. The only sound was heavy breath indicating that he had come back from a run and was still in a need of a shower.

''are you feeling?'' he asked he breath smoothing out

''Still weird, but definitely better'' she leant her head on his shoulder only to retract it as his shoulder was sweaty.

''Go take a shower, you reek of sweat'' she complained jokingly

''Okay okay I'm going, but I wanted to tell you that Nathan called earlier when you were still asleep, babes I think you should him'' and with that he walked out of the room

Picking up her phone she dialled his number, not really sure how to feel. Yes, things were slowly getting better between them, but there was still going to be that gaping hole in the relationship.

''Tris, hey I called before'' his voice rang through the phone quietly

''Yeah, Luke told me, was there a particular reason you called?'' she asked

''Um, yeah I guess, I mean I was wondering if I could over so we could talk, like I mean have a proper conversation about everything?''

''Uh, yeah you can come over, what time?''

''An hour maybe''

''Okay see you then, bye Nathan''

''Bye''

That was the most awkward conversation either of them had ever had, I wonder what it's going to be like when they are in the same room? I guess thy both really need this, but would it end in hugs and forgiveness or shouting and blame? So many questions remained unanswered and those haunting questions are what scare everyone out of their skin. Those questions that you need to know the answers too, but you know if you ask a whole lot of things could change.

Alex came home later that day to find Tris and Nathan on the couch crying. he had his hand on her knee in a comforting matter and she was speaking. He was proud of Tris for having this conversation with her brother and getting all these pent-up emotions out now. To his surprise, he was some-what proud of his half-brother for being brave enough to face this as he knew if he was in his boots there was no way he would ever be able to face Tris again.

Things seemed to be getting better for the not so little family, and the discovery of a new sibling may have thrown them, but it shouldn't be too hard to get over, should it? Maybe fate would be a little kinder and throw in that kiss that two people have seemed to never get as they are always interrupted and both were to scared to say anything.

If only fate planned it to stay this calm, for this was the calm before a new storm. For the figure who lurked in the shadows beyond the window was watching, planning on how to attack the family and get back what he believed to be his, not matter what it took...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, sorry for the short and late update, I've had writers block and it sucks because I want to update but I cant think of how to update.

Anyway, how are you all?

Till next time

-RedtoMyBlueKiwi xx