13. Mistakes

Alright its super late...but Charlie Puth is motivating me to write so fuck it! imma do it, here ya go dudes (its been a while so backtrack if you need to :) )

Lillys POV
Ever since Dom and I went overboard with our kiss for swoozie's video a week ago...Things have been weird...
I've been trying to avoid seeing Dom..taking extra care to leave extra early to meetings in the morning before Dom would wake up to diminish the chances of us crossing paths in the hallway, and I've been trying to keep myself busy, coming home at ridiculous hours of the night just to slink away into bed without having to talk to him.
But the thing was..it wasn't because things were awkward...it wasn't because I regretted kissing him...And it wasn't because I didn't enjoy it...it was because everytime he did manage to catch a glimpse of me...he would look at me with those eyes.
Those..stupid brown eyes that always seemed to be trained on me, soft and caring eyes....warm eyes that betrayed the cold image Dom built for himself spelling out the real truth...that Dom was broken.
They always seemed to beg..or plead for me to give him something..anything that would fix him..would make those eyes sparkle again....and I didn't know what I would do if I let him stare at me like that for too long...Everytime I did, It was almost like a magnetic force was pulling me towards him...I couldn't stop..so I did all I could do..look away and use all the strength I have to steer myself out the door.
There was one night.
I was in bed...it was 2am and I couldn't sleep I was too busy thinking.
I counted the tiny cracks in the high ceiling just as I heard the door creak open, a dim light filtering in, as I saw Dom, standing in front of the bed, shirtless with loose grey sweatpants and messy hair, one single strand resting on his forehead..hot as ever.....he must've saw the light from my bedroom.
I could tell it was hard for him to look at me too, his eyes darted in different directions before settling on me, but he took a deep breath, before speaking in a calm but weak sounding voice, "You need to go to bed Lill...I know theres a lot on your mind but for once can you just...listen to me...stop thinking just sleep."
"But I can't I- I opened my mouth to say more but Dom placed a finger on his lips,
"Shhh.." He sat on the bed next to me, Stroking my hair gently.
"Dom..what are we doing..." I whispered.
Dom let out a small laugh, "I don't know...." He shut his eyes for a moment, "I really don't....go to sleep Lill."
..................................

Lilly's POV

10 days passed when I realized I couldn't avoid Dom at the party I planned for tonight.
I couldn't cancel it...and I didn't want to....maybe it will help us take our minds off of it.
You want to know the reason why I can't just accept my feelings? I swore to someone a long time ago...that relationships...that love didn't work...the occasional kiss was fine but feeling...emotions....they didn't compute in my brain...and if this was happening..if I felt this strongly...it means that Im wrong....and that I was a liar..that everything I believed was wrong.
I looked over at Dom sitting over on the sofa, it was almost 5..guests would be here soon.
I set up food and music and Dom silently worked alongside me setting up tables, tv and decorations.
Finally when it was 5, people began to flood in...Lauren, Alex, Adande, Kingsley, Yousef, Bethany, Ryan...
The night didn't erase my thoughts, but it helped mask them as we downed drinks and swayed to the music, blaring "How long by: Charlie Puth" (video in second slide up top ) loudly from the speakers all around us.
I felt myself growing tipsier by the minute...apparently the new thing for me was drinking my thoughts away...great job Lilly.
I spotted Dom from across the room...he was talking to Bethany again...and somehow my drunk mind couldn't stand to see them together....it felt like he had forgotten me....nice that he could move on so fast...
I needed something...Someone to distract me from Dom....I didn't need him....
I looked around..everyone was intoxicated...but no one looked as happy as Ryan Higa, swaying side to side slightly as he sang along to the music, swinging his suit jacket around.
He was immature....he wasn't perfect for me...but I used to like him...so he'll do.
I walked up to him, and his smile grew wider, "Hiiiii Lillyyyy" He slurred his words, speaking fast.
All of a sudden to his surprise I pushed my lips onto his, his eyes widened but he didn't struggle, I led him away towards my room.
He was my ticket to not thinking about Dom....and I was going to take advantage of that.
...........................

Dom's POV

"I TOLD YOU LAST TIME AND I'M TELLING YOU THIS TIME, GET AWAY FROM ME," I roared at Bethany as she stroked my arm.
I scanned the room for Lilly, last time I saw her she was standing across the room.
Today I had decided to tell her....I needed to tell her that I loved her...she wasn't going to say no..not after that kiss..not tonight.
I pulled away from bethany and nudged Yousef,
"Yo, you seen Lill?"
He pointed towards her room and I nodded in thanks.
I walked up to her room, knocking...no answer.....before opening it....
I was horrified at what I saw.
She was making out with Ryan...my best friend, his tie on the ground and her jacket draped on the door handle..his hands everywhere I was supposed to touch her....his lips where mine were supposed to go...
"I shouldn't have trusted you..I KNEW I WAS WRONG.." My voice was strained and almost gone...the words dry and raw almost distant, I turned away and ran
as far as my feet could take me, once more out the door slamming it and into the rain...like that night so long ago, I collapsed on a bench far out into the city.

Lilly's POV

I ripped my lips away from Ryan's as I heard Dom's voice echo through my ears.
Ryan had the same bewildered expression on his face,
I watched as Dom ran out, "DOM WAIT!!!" I called after him but he didnt stop.
I turned to Ryan, "Ryan I don't know what I was thinking Im sorry I-
Ryan pushed his face into his hands looking down, "Go. Find him."
With that I rushed off into the city, looking in every spot..unless-
I pulled up to the park and Saw Dom's shadowy figure hunched over on a Park Bench.
I ran up to him.
"Dom-
"I was going to tell you I loved you...you know that right? I thought you changed." Dom growled slowly, standing up "but you're still the same.."
"Please I didn't mean to do that,"
Dom held a hand up, "NO. Don't do that! Don't play that game with me Lilly, I thought that this time you actually loved me...that this time you would feel the same way.."
"This is about what happened," I mummered.
Dom stepped closer to me, his eyes alive with fire, "5 months ago..remember what you did.... I was completley and utterly depressed, remember...I was in that state where I didn't know why I was sad I was just sad and I wanted to die, but you...you were my best friend and I liked you...I liked you a lot...and that night I came over and you hugged me and told me you loved me...not as friends but as more and you slept with me, you FUCKED ME LILLY...USED ME...and the next day do you know what you said to me?" Doms eyes were filled with tears and I could feel a wave of guilt rush over...I wanted to run away but i couldn't my feet stayed planted to the ground.
Dom continued, shaking with rage, "You. Said..that it was a MISTAKE!!! THAT I WAS A MISTAKE!! That you didn't love me you just felt bad...that everything was a lie that you wished you had never met me so that wouldn't have happened...and that you would never. EVER. Consider being with me! and I know that it may not seem like a big deal to you but I cared about you..I always have and you broke me....and just when I thought I was better you just had to go and make me love you again! I thought you changed your mind but I guess you didn't...relationships just aren't for you...I'm.just not for you..so what are you doing here...Go back to the party...have Ryan..I don't give a FUCK at this point.."
I felt the tears stream down and I had no control over my emotions..
I had done this..I had hurt him..this was all my fault.
Dom's friend Jesse came and picked him up..speeding away and leaving me, sobbing on a bench beneath the dim city lights.

Ok .....Wicked Im tired I hope this was not too weird for you bros...
+minor changes made. I added a bit of words to make things more cohesive and I realized I called Dom's friend Aaron instead of Jesse (From the 10th chapter),so I fixed that.
Bye Dudes....:)))))))))))